Ch 12: Hit And Run

Toby, Mrs. Turner, and I were in the backseat of a huge limo. My phone went off. "DO YOU LIKE MY SWORD SWORD..." I looked and Toby and he smirked. "Hello?" There was silence.

"Lynne, it's Mari."

"Oh... Hey Mari. What's going on?"

There was silence on the other line.

"I broke up with Jason. I gave him the ring back and told him to go find someone who would tolerate his bullshi+."

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!" At that line, Toby and his mom gave me the question eyebrow. I held up one finger and went back to the phone, hearing Mari sobbing.

"I Love GABE!"

I was just dead silent. Great. Lynne and Toby. Mari and Gabe. Good Lord. Of course it had to be the buscus boys.. 

"Mari look, are you sure you made the right decision? You know, Gabe is a great guy, but you and Jason have had a thing since like, 7th grade."

"JASON XAVIERSON COULD GO.... GO DO HIMSELF. HE CHEATED ON ME AND I FOUND OUT."

Oooo... Burn. I could still hear her yelling, and listened back in.

"And the girl is PREGNANT! PREGNANT! LIKE I COULD LET THAT GO! HE'S BEEN SLEEPING WITH THAT HOE FOR MONTHS!"

"Mari.. calm down. And no language like that...."

"YOU KNOW WHAT LYNNE?! WHAT IF TOBY CHEATED ON YOU AND THE GIRL WAS PREGGERS!? WOULD YOU BE CALM!? I SURE AS HELL HOPE YOU WOULDN'T BE!"

God. Time to use the trick that always worked.

"Maria.. you better stop it. Right now. And Converse like a normal human."

There was silence on the other line. A very deadly silence.

"Mari? You okay?"

"No Lynne I'm not. I'm... I'm sorry for using that language. I was just so mad and everything. I mean.. God.. I'm sorry for saying what if Toby cheated on you. I'm sorry for ruining your life."

"Mari.. You never ruined my life. You were always there for me. And now I'm here for you. Tell me what's going on."

Mari's breathing was trembling, and I could tell she was sobbing quietly, or trying to. 

"I'm.. pregnant."

You have to be shi++ing me... I JUST HAD "IT" AND NOW SHE'S THE ONE PREGNANT. Wait..

"Who's the father?"

"Umm.." 

I could tell she was biting her lip.

"Who is it Mari." My tone now enforcing it, instead of questioning it.

"Gabe."

*CRASH*

"What the hell?!" Toby yelled. 

"HANG ON MARI! I'LL CALL YOU RIGHT BACK!"

I hung up and swung open the door. The thick Florida air metaphorically drenching me; My dress was sticking to me like a stalker would. "Oh My God.."

In the middle of the road laid a dog, barely clining to life. "Puppy Dawg!" I yelled, slowly running to it and picking it up. I read the collar.

If lost, please return to 14562 Fernando Drive, Miami, Florida.

Lucky

Toby got of the car, his eyes wide. "Why did it have to be a dog?" He crouched beside me. "Lynne, let him go."