Jaylynn

stared out the window in the living room, watching the rain fall. I smiled, and listened to the drumming of rain on the roof, as I pulled Luke's hoodie closer to myself. Melody sat beside me, "Hi. Still wearing Luke's hoodie?",

"Yep." I nodded.

"I haven't seen you without it since two days ago." She said, and leaned her back against the couch.

"You still miss him." I said nothing, and kept staring out the window. Melody leaned forwards, and stared at me,

"He's a jerk if he doesn't come back." She joked. I softly chuckled, and looked at my friend. "You're a good friend, Mel." I smiled,

"Thanks." She giggled.

"How are your bruises healing?" Melody changed the subject,

"They're better than yesterday."

"Let's see.". I pulled the sleeve of the hoodie up past my shoulders, exposing the large bruises on my arm and shoulder.

"That looks painful." She stared at it, I nodded my head, and pulled the sleeve back down. I looked back out the window, and rose from my seat.

"I'm going to go for a walk, I think." I waved to my best friend.

"By yourself?" She blinked, and followed after me.

"I need some alone time, just to think." I shut my eyes for a second,

"You're turning into Luke." She teased.

"Oh please," I rolled my eyes, "I was the same, when-" I froze in my spot, and tried not to think of my dead parents.

"Hey, it's okay." Melody touched my shoulder lightly, causing me to squeal in pain.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" She let go of me, and covered her mouth with her hand.

"Don't worry about it." I smiled, and pulled my backpack over my shoulder that wasn't bruised. "Be careful, Jay." She handed me both my handguns and I thanked her, before putting them in my belt.

"Bye." Melody waved, and I waved back, walking into the outside air.

I took a sniff of the air, it smelled like rain, and I giggled upon remembering my childhood memories. I always loved the fresh smell of rain. The rain was only a gentle shower, and I spun around, letting the water dampen my clothing and my hair. My eyes travelled towards the barbed wire fence, and I thought I saw that man. I held back a scream, and ran my hands through my hair. Fear ran through me, as I tried to stay calm.

"It's okay." I whispered to myself, and gazed up. No one was in sight. A sigh escaped me, as I walked towards the barbed wire fence, and took the fence gate out. This gate was locked with a special password. I'm surprised the man was even able to get in. I strolled down the empty streets around me, holding my gun right at my side. My mind was still fearful, and every noise made me jump and aim my gun. A mutant appeared, but I easily shot them down. As I continued walking, I thought I saw someone. I froze in my spot, and studied my area. There, in a field across from me, he was walking.

I knew that black hair anywhere. Luke. A sob escaped my lips without me controlling it, and Luke looked up to see me.

"Jaylynn?" He said, and started walking towards me. His walk turned into a jog, as he approached.

"Leave me alone!" I screamed at him, and took off in the opposite direction. I slowed my pace to a walk when I noticed he had stopped following me.

"Thank god." I hugged myself, and stared down at the ground.

"Please, I'm sorry." Someone touched my arm, and I jumped in shock. My eyes met with Luke's blue eyes, which were glowing more than they ever had. I could sense the sadness, and a part of me felt sorry for him.

"You think you can just say sorry!" Tears blurred my vision,

"Luke, you broke my heart!" I screamed. Sobs shook my body, as I turned my back on Luke. He stopped again, and stared at the ground.

"I loved you." I snarled, "and I miss you.". Luke looked at my hoodie, and then at me for a second.

"Why don't you just go join your other group, I bet they'll actually make you happy." I snapped, and started speed walking away back to my camp.

"I don't have a group, anymore." He muttered,

"What?" I spun around on my heels.

"They're dead." I could tell he was trying to control his anger. I blinked, and just stared at him, unsure of what to say. Part of me was hating him right now, and the other still loved him.

"Come with me then." I said, and starting walking. Luke looked at me as if questioning whether to go or not, but he finally jogged after. We said nothing to each-other as we headed back to camp.

As we approached camp, I noticed that Jett and Dash were keeping guard.

"Hey." I waved to them, and the two looked up at me. Dash suddenly had an anger in his eyes, as he turned his attention to Luke. The black haired guy stopped, and I said nothing and continued on.

"It's okay." I touched Dash's arm. He looked at me with sympathy, and I gave him a quick kiss on the lips. When I looked at Luke, he seemed emotionless, but I could tell he was hiding the jealously as he tried to look away. Jett walked up to Luke,

"You must be Luke." He held out his hand. Luke stared at him for a few seconds,

"Don't worry Luke. He's one of us." I explained and headed into the house.

"It seems all the rooms are taken up." I looked around. Lev and Melody stopped in the hallway, and Melody gasped.

"We'll talk later, Luke needs a room." I said, and walked past her. Then I realized something, there was one room. Mine.

"We'll have to share." I said, and opened my bedroom door.

"There's only one bed." He said,

"You can sleep on the bed." I sighed.

"No it's okay, I'll sleep on the floor,". I growled, "fine, you know what. We'll share." I examined Luke.

"Do you have anything, besides what you're wearing?"

"No." He shook his head.

"Here." I pulled off my hoodie and threw it at him.Luke's gaze travelled over my arms and then to my neck. He said nothing and went to placing his hoodie on the bed.

"What happened?" He finally asked,

"I was attacked." I responded. Luke collapsed down on the bed, and I left the room.

"He's back!" Melody exclaimed. "Yeah." Mixed emotions ran through me.

"I bet he missed you." Melody touched my hand,

"No, his team died," I snarled, "that's why he's back.". Melody opened her mouth to speak, but then closed it. Her eyes were staring at something behind me, and I turned to see Luke. I sighed and watched him walk back to my room.

"You should talk to him." Melody suggested to me.

"I don't know how. Mel, he hurt me so much." I growled.

"Go on." Melody nudged my leg. I reluctantly got to my feet and walked towards the room, pulling open the closed door. Luke was laying on my bed, staring at the sheets. I sat down beside him,

"I did miss you." He mumbled. My heart jumped, no. I can't do this again. I looked out the window, and noticed it was getting dark.

"I'm going to get some sleep. Feel free to use our bath." I said, and climbed under the covers. I knew Luke was staring at my injuried arms and shoulders again, and I grumbled. Just as Luke got up, Dash walked into my room. He looked at Luke, and then once the black haired guy left, Dash walked over to me.

"What's he doing here?"
"We're sharing my bed. There's nowhere else for him to sleep." Dash nodded, and sat down beside me.
"I love you." He smiled and kissed me on the lips.
"Me too." I whispered, and kissed him back. Dash wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. I giggled and kissed him harder. The door suddenly opened, and Dash and I blushed, looking to to see Luke. "Sorry." Dash got up and left the room. Luke climbed into the bed next to me, and I sighed and turned my back to him.