Luke

What was I thinking?!
I mean,
Oh my god.
That was my first kiss!
Ugh I sound like a teenage girl.. But really, what was I thinking?
I stared at the ceiling, as if it was the most facinating thing in the world. At the moment though, it could be considered a top ten.
But when I looked over at Jaylynn, I just couldn't help but watch her.
Her features on her face were soft. And almost seemed delicate. But overall, beautiful.
I felt my face heat up as I thought of the kiss, and I turned my head away. I must've been a horrible kisser..
I mean, I can barely remember the last kiss I had. It was with my mother, I know that at least. But that was over a decade ago.
Even then though, you don't make out with your parents. That's cutting it pretty deep.
I rubbed my forehead, and tried to sleep. But the darkness was instead pushing me away tonight, instead of welcoming me. I finally sat up, and looked around.

I didn't feel comfortable in this hotel for whatever reason. Why would a place like this have oxygen while all other buildings are filled with mutants and other dead corpses? I got up out of bed. And crept out of the room, being wary of a sleeping Jaylynn.
Finally, I got out to the hallway, and sighed.
It's been years since I've had this mask off.
I touched my cheeks, and felt the skin underneath. It was untouched, and even a little soft. I walked to the bathrooms, and stared at a mirror.
My eyes glowed brightly, lighting up the entire room, now that they didn't have a slightly darker lens over it.
I smiled softly, and studied my face. I never knew I'd look like this when I turned older. It was weird to see someone else staring right back at you. Or at least, it seemed like someone else.
I rubbed my forehead, and realized how much oil and sweat had built on my skin over the years. It was disgusting to say the least.
I looked around, and noticed that there was no shower. But was the water even safe? I haven't seen a running tap for a while now.
I walked back to my room, and walked into the bathroom quietly. I checked the shower for radiation, or anything.
Somehow, the water was clean. And I will be too soon.
I peeled off my way past dirty clothes, and threw them on the floor. I toom a moment to look at myself in the mirror. I was surprised. I actually built up a little muscle to show and impress someone.
Shaking my head, I stepped into the shower. Water fell down on my head, and I flinched. It was cold!
I turned it up, but realized that everything can't be perfect. The water couldn't be any hotter. So I just scrubbed my filthy hair, and stepped out of the shower feeling cleaner than I ever have.
But I had no clue on what I was going to wear. I found towels under the sink, but I was not going to greet the group with just a towel over my waist!
I sighed, but didn't want to put on my filthy clothes. So I just tied the towel around my waist tightly, and snuck into my bed.
Hopefully, I will be up before Jaylynn, and be able to ask one of the people that have stayed here, if there was anywhere I could wash my clothes.
I curled up in the bed, and sighed quietly. It's been far too long since I've been in a comfortable bed. I feel far too spoiled though. there had to be something wrong about this. But I could barely think, as my eyes began to droop. But almost as soon as I closed my eyes, a scream made me fall out of bed, and reach for my shotgun under my pillow. My eyes scanned the room, before I turned to Jaylynn.
"Jaylynn!" I shook her awake, and she sleepily looked at me.
"Hmm?"
"Get up! I think I just heard someone scream!" I hissed at her, and she woke up fully. But her cheeks reddened.
"Um Luke, are you naked?" She asked. I looked down to see that my towel was still there, but was falling.
Cursing, I tied it again, and broke out of the room.
Nobody was stirring at all.
Jaylynn followed behind me, yawning loudly.
"I think your going insane Luke. There was no scream." She told me as she walked back into the room, and straight back to bed. I felt so.. Confused.
The scream was loud. And certainly there. It had to be.
"Luke...." A voice whispered, and I immediately whirled around on the spot and shot. But the bullet sliced through empty air, and embedded itself in a innocient wall. I frowned, and felt shivers go down my spine.
Maybe the radiation was catching up with me...
I sighed and rubbed my forehead. I was sore, and tired. I wanted to sleep.
But as soon as I walked back to my bed, I heard the whisper again. Other whispers began to join it, and soon, I found myself sitting on my bed all night, curled up..
I noticed the sun peeking through the blinds, and I shifted from my position that I sat in for hours.
"Please play with us.." A voice whined, and I covered my ears.
I blinked sleepily, and walked to the bathroom. I had dark circles under my eyes, and honestly, I looked horrible.
This was going to be a long day...