Jaylynn

I hugged the terrified Luke tighter to me, and I whispered to him, "Thank you.". He didn't respond, and I let go of him to find his hands shaking.

"I'm a monster." He muttered, and I looked straight into his eyes.

"Listen, you're not a monster to me." I said, and my hand reached for his. I clutched his hand and realized it was ice cold.

"Come on, let's go home." I gave him a small smile and the two of us walked home. When I arrived back with Luke, the group stared at us.

"What happened to you?!" Melody gasped upon looking at my face. I assumed there was a large bruise, but I ignored it. Melody opened her mouth to speak again, and I held my hand up to silence her.

I kept holding onto Luke's hand and I pulled him into my room.
He sat down on my bed, and just stared at the ground. I sat down next to him,

"I can't believe I did that." He pulled off his gas mask, since it was safe in this house.

"Luke, you saved my life. Who knows what would have happened if you hadn't been there." I smiled.

"Yeah." He nodded, and looked up, our eyes meeting. I don't know what happened when we both leaned closer to each-other. My mind rushed as our lips met, and I couldn't control myself as I pulled
him closer.

"I can't." I pulled away and stared at the ground,

"I shouldn't either." He sighed, and I got up.

"Why don't we go talk to the group?" I asked,

"I might stay here." He replied.

"Okay." I waved to him and left the room. Melody held up her hand for me to sit beside her, and I went in between her and Dash.

"Listen, I need to talk to you." I whispered to Dash. He nodded, and the two of us left into another room.

"What's up?" He asked me, concern on his face, "Hold up, what happened to your face.". I sighed, "I was attacked by that idiot again, with his group this time.". Dash walked closer to stare at my bruises, "Ouch." He empathized. I nodded, "But back to what I was saying. It's about Luke.". Dash froze in his spot, and spoke before I could,

"You're in love with him." He said. I nodded my head slightly,

"I'm sorry Dash. He needs someone." I ran my hands through my hair. My heart hurt with having to do this to Dash.

"Hey, it's okay. I know it would only be a matter of time before he came back, and you would fall in love with him again." He held my shoulders lightly, being careful of the still-present bruises.

"Thank you Dash." I kissed him on the head.

"Just saying, if he is stupid to you again, I'll be there to take you back." He grinned. I laughed and the two of us walked back into the living room. My friends all called out to me but I just ignored them and headed for my room. Luke was laying on the bed and I smiled at him,

"Hey." I walked towards him, and he sat up, looking at me.

"It's all good with Dash and I." I leaned closer to Luke, and pulled him in for another kiss. When our lips met I kissed him harder, and ran my hands through his short, black hair. Luke placed his hands on my back as we continued kissing, and I let myself lean into him, his scent drifting around me. The door suddenly opened, and I let go of Luke, blushing heavily. Jett looked at us, and grinned,

"I can't say I was expecting this." He started to chuckle, and was about to walk back to the group,

"Don't you dare tell the group." I hissed a warning. Jett grinned,

"Okay, you're secrets safe." I rolled my eyes and then shut the door when he left. Luke stared at the ground, and I smiled and pushed him onto the bed, once again kissing him. We deepened the kiss, and I felt electricity rushing through my veins.

"Hey Lovebirds." A sudden voice interrupted us. I looked at the door to see it slightly open. "It's time for dinner." I immediately recognized the voice as Jett and blushed once again. The door closed and Luke and I got of the bed, and my heartbeat finally started to settle, along with my rapid breathing. I left the room, and headed down the hall with Luke. We sat down at the dinner table, pretending nothing had happened, and Jett shot me a quick wink. I sighed, staring at the floor.

"So, when should we head out for our next mission?" Cherise asked, looking around the table.

"Why don't we all head out early in the morning. That way, we could probably arrive back here in the evening." Melody suggested, and the group nodded their approvals.

I chatted with Mia and Cherise while I finished the delicious dinner that Lev and Nova had created. My eyes would occasionally stray towards Luke, and when I noticed Dash opening his mouth to speak to Luke, I froze.

"Luke, would I be able to speak to you for a moment?" He asked politely, and got up from the table.

Luke hesitantly nodded and the two of them went into the hallway. I looked back towards Cherise and Mia, and noticed them talking with the others. The curiosity got the best of me, and I took this as my opportunity to figure out what Dash had to say. I walked casually down the hallway, passing Luke and Dash on my way into the bathroom. A sigh escaped my lips as I shut the door behind me, and pressed my ear up against it.

"Can I talk to you about Jaylynn?" His tone was serious. Almost too serious. I took a deep breath, praying he didn't have any mean words to say. A soft chuckle filled my ears, and I blinked in confusion.

"I know I've been a jerk to you ever since we met. Jaylynn had never liked anyone until you came along, and I didn't want you to steal her from me. Luke, we've all been through our hardships, and I understand that. What I want to say is that I'm sorry." He said, and I smiled to myself.

I could tell Luke was about to speak, but Dash spoke again.

"About Jaylynn. I hope you really are in love with her, because she loves you. To add, since she yours now, I ask that you treat her well. Don't break her heart, Luke." He said. I slowly opened the door, and spotted the genuine smile on Dash's face. Luke looked shocked for a few seconds, but then he smiled. Actually smiled.

"Thanks, I'll look after her." He nodded. Dash grinned and patted Luke on the back,

"Great. Be good to her." I watched the two of them walk back to the dining room, and I couldn't help the contagious smile on my face.

I had a bounce to my step as I headed back into the dining room, to find everyone eating dessert. Melody gave me a look as I slipped into the chair beside her.

"What's up with you?" She chuckled, watching me stuff my face with the chocolate cake. I smirked at her,

"Nothing much."

"Jay, tell me right now." She demanded, and stared at me.

"Oh," I checked the clock. "Looks like it's getting late! We should head to bed!" I changed the subject and got up. Melody grabbed onto my leather jacket,

"Since it is late, I'll let you go. You are telling me tomorrow though." She grinned, and I rolled my eyes,

"Fine.".

I walked off to my bedroom and peeled off my leather jacket, leaping into bed and pulling the covers over me. The light was suddenly off, and I almost thought
the power was off until Luke climbed into the bed beside me. I turned towards him, and snuggled into his chest, breathing in his scent. Luke let out a soft chuckle, and wrapped his arms around me. I let out a sigh as I snuggled closer. For once, I felt safe.