Luke

I stared in horror at the mutants, but I could see that people weren't completely prepared to fight. I pulled out my gun and my dagger, and glared at the mutants. I looked at Jaylynn, who already had her weapons drawn, and we both nodded to each other. We charged together, and shot multiple mutants in the head.

I slid to my knees and swiped with my dagger to the closest mutant along it's hip. It let out a loud shriek, but I continued on. Soon, the group rushed up and began to attack too. It was going well.Until A man, who seemed to be half mutant, half alive, charged at me. He held a gun, but obviously didn't have enough brain to shoot it. He smacked me with it though, and I gritted my teeth at him. I shot him, but he just stood there, trying to register what just happened. I kicked him in the gut, and he dropped the gun.  studied it, and frowned. It seemed like a good gun. Maybe I'll keep it. I found some ammo on him too, and grabbed it quickly before I went back to fighting.

I carefully shot around my teammates, and just shot the mutants, narrowing my eyes so I never shot anybody alive

I frowned, and noticed mutants just coming and coming.

"We should go.." I tried to warn the hunters, but they obviously didn't hear me, as they continued to fight.

I growled slightly, and quickly began to shoot the mutants close to people, to get their attention.

"Start moving south from here! We can't win this fight!" I shouted over the groans and bullets being fired.

"No we can win this!" I heard someone shout, and I saw someone rush past me. I quickly scanned the mob, and saw Dash still fighting hard.

"Dash!" I shouted, and was about to rush out and drag him out of there.

"We can win this! I swear!" He replied, as he shot the mutant in the head with his rifle.

I looked at Jaylynn, but she was already helping people get away. We seemed to agree on silent expressions, and I rushed towards Dash. He continued to fight, but you could tell that he was beginning to get tired. He fell over, and it was almost like a wave crashed on him. I gritted my teeth, and fought to get the mutants off of him. His screams slowly drowning in the mess of limbs and bodies.

I finally managed to get ahold of his hand, but when I saw him, I nearly choked. His gas mask was gone.

His face was growing darker as he held his breath, but I could see the urge to breath. I grasped my own gas mask, and I narrowed my eyes. he semed to see what I was thinking, because he quickly pulled my hands away from lifting my gas mask off. I fought him, but I knew he didn't want my sacrifice. He gave me a small smile, before the light began to die in his eyes, as the instinct to breath, grew too strong. He choked, and I watched his skin grow yellowish, and I shuddered. No matter how long I've dined with death, I will never get used to seeing the last breath leaving a body.

I watched him lower himself to the ground, and he stared at the sky, as all light faded from his eyes. I sighed, and stared at him. How will I explain this to the rest?

Dash was dead, Jaylynn's best friend. Ex too. What if people thought this was my fault? I almost smiled sadistically.

It is my fault though, isn't it?

I grabbed Dash from his armpits, and dragged him. He was too heavy to carry like I carried Titan, unfortunaly.

"Luke?" A voice called to me, and I looked behind me, to see Jaylynn standing there. She stared in shock at me and the body. I sighed, and continued to drag Dash. I got to the group, and people mourned over him. I sat further away from the group, but kept watch.