Luke

Searing pain came to my head, and I sat up and hissed as I gripped my head tightly.

The team was finally taking a break after walking all day, and we found some sleeping bags, and decided to sleep under the stars.

"Are you okay?" A voice spoke to me, and I blinked a couple times, to see hat Darian was on watch. He looked surprised.

"Your eyes.." He said to me, and I immediately reclosed my eyes, and ignored my headache.

"Were you exposed to radiation?" He asked as he sat down beside me. I nodded and sighed before I reopened my glowing eyes.

"That's cool!" He suddenly said, and I thought I heard him wrong. I stared at him with wide eyes.

"Um.. What?" I asked. He was grinning at me.

"Your eyes! They look really cool!" He exclaimed.

"Guys shut up.." A voice grumbled, and I lookd towards Serenity, who was blinking at us sleepily.

"Sorry." Darian said, before he continued on quieter.

"I got radiation in my system too.. Except I completely change when the radiation shows." He explained to me.

I stared at him quizically. But said nothing.

"How did you survive on your own till now? Did you have a team before this?" He asked suddenly, and I sighed.

"Yeah.. I was travelling with a really cool team.. They were all really good at fighting and everything." I whispered.

"Are they still alive?"

"Yeah."

"Wait.. How come your not with them?" He asked. I smiled almost sadistically.

"I'm too twisted to stay with them.. I was scared that I'd hurt one of them. I haven't been feeling like myself for a while. I keep on hearing things like voices and sometimes even see something at the corner of my eye." I told him, and rubbed my eyes with the palms on my hands.

"Huh interesting.. Well my team knows a witch doctor that could probably help you." Darian said, and I looked over at him, and felt my heart jump in my chest.

"Really?! If you can, I can go back to my old team!" I said excitedly. He frowned.

"So you don't want to stay here with us?" He asked, and I could hear the hurt in his voice.

"I do want to.. But I've got someone.. er.. I don't know.." I sighed and lowered my head.

"It'sa girl isn't it?" His eyes glinted and I stared at him.

"How did you know?" I asked him.

"Just a feeling." He laughed loudly.

"Shut up!" Zayna hissed and threw a rock at Darian. Zayna was even opening up to me, which made me more comfortable.

I smiled softly.

"Uhh.. Guys you hear that?" A nervous voice from Bladen made us all look over at him.

A soft groaning came, and we all instantly drew our weapons.

Bladen had a sword, while Serenity had a long spear. Zayna and Darian both had guns like me.

I kept my eyes wide because right now, they were our only source of light.

"Keep your eyes on those mutants, Luke!" Darian ordered. I widened my eyess slightly more, and realized how many mutants there were.

Bladen and Zayna both lunged forward, and began slicing apart the dead.

While the three of us, stayed behind and shot mutants.

It was hard to keep shooting mutants though when I was constantly reminding myself that my eyes were our only light.

Bladen suddenly got bit on the arm, and he shrieked. He fell to the ground with mutants climbing on him, trying to either strangle him, rip off his mask, or  pull off a limb.

I hissed slightly, and shot a mutant in the head, that was crawling over Bladen.

We all focused on the mutants that Bladen was struggling with, and I finally shoved the last mutant off, and pulled Bladen up.

"We need to go!" I called to the team, and they nodded in agreement. We quickly fought our way out of the mob.

By the time we got away, it was already dawn.

"So what now? I left my pack behind." Serenity asked.

"We need to get the witch doctor. Luke needs help from him, and Bladen is hurt. The witch doctor could help him." Darian said to us. We all agreed, and I helped Bladen balance on me. His arm has stopped bleeding now.

"You good?" I asked him. He gave me a reassuring smile, but it looked forced.

"We'll get to the doctor in about.. I'd say a day." Darian called behind us.

Serenity slowed down a little so she could walk beside me, and we began to talk a little.