Luke

A gunshot filled the air, and then another. My heart leaped, and I looked around.

I was leaning against some ruins, and I was lost in thought. But the gunshot brought me back quickly, and I immediately drew my weapons from the holster. I sharply looked around, before I broke into a light jog.

"Drop the gun now and step away from it." A strong voice suddenly commanded me, and I felt a piece of metal jam against my neck.

I gritted my teeth, but listened to what I was told.

"Zayna. What did I tell you about threatening strangers?" A male voice spoke out, and I narrowed my eyes forward when the male walked into my vision.

"Sorry about my sister. She doesn't seem to trust a lot of people anymore." He told me. I accepted his apology, and studied him. He looked about my age, and had dark hair. He of course had a gas mask on, but I could just make out amber eyes under the dark lenses.

I felt the gun finally be removed from my neck, and I looked to glare at my attacker.

She was slightly shorter than me, and had about shoulder length dark brown hair. I couldn't make out her eyes though.

"What's someone like you doing out here alone?" The male asked. I narrowed my eyes at him, and shrugged.

"Surviving." I told him simply. I still don't like talking. He seemed to understand that.

"Well my name is Darian. This is my sister Zayna." He told me. Zayna simply nodded to me. Her face staying blank and void of emotions the entire time.

"Luke." I said back to him.

"My team is over there if you want to travel with us." He offered, and I flinched.

I can't lash out at these people.. They seem kind though. I could do with some new companions. God knows if anyone in the old team still likes me.

I nodded, and the two smiled at me. They began to walk south. I casted a look back behind me, and sighed silently, wondering if this was a good idea, before I followed after them.

Soon, we came upon two other people waiting for us.

"Finally! You guys better have food!" A girl with light purple hair complained. But when she noticed me, she blinked in surprise.

"And who may you be?" The other person spoke up. It was a male who had blonde, short hair. He was slightly taller than me.

"This is Luke. He's gonna travel with us!" Darian grinned widely at his companions. They all nodded, and introduced themselves.

"I'm.. Serenity.." The purple haired girl suddenly seemed shy with me, and I nodded to her in greeting.

"And I'm Bladen." The blonde hair man said, and slapped me on the back. I assumed it was a greeting of some sort.

"Alright. Since that's all cleared up, let's go. We should travel as much as possible in daylight." Zayna said, her voice was even monotone.

We all started to walk along the ruins, and I found myself slowly trusting this group more and more. They were funny, and treated me like a friend that they've known for ages.