Jaylynn

Luke followed me as I walked towards a large building. "You've probably already noticed, but people are crazy here. Especially Lev, I think the radiation messed up his brain." I laughed, and heard a soft chuckle from Luke. "Oh look! He laughs!" I exclaimed. A smile began to form on Luke's lips and I smiled back, and then turned toward the building.
When we entered the building, I gazed up to see the cracking walls, and the glass getting warm from being here over forty years. "This is what I would call our grocery store." I explained and walked down stone steps to the lower floor.
Luke stopped behind me while I opened a large glass door into a huge room with shelves, freezers, and refrigators. In them, stacks of food and drinks.
"We collected all this food, let's just hope it doesn't run out." I frowned, picking up an apple.
Luke leaned against an empty shelf, slightly lifted his gas mask, and began munching on a piece of pizza. My eyes travelled toward the gas mask that covered his face, and I suddenly wanted to take it off.
It was sad, ever since the day of my first birthday I was forced to wear a gas mask, along with everyone else in the world.
I'd never known the colour of anyone's eyes, or the distinctiveness of their face. I would never know.
My hand reached up to my gas mask, and I tried to remember what I looked like. I had vibrant lilac eyes, light skin and small eyebrows.
"So, what else is in this place?" Luke asked, and took another bite of pizza. "Hm?" I lost my thoughts, and looked at him. I was shocked he actually said something.
"Well?"
"Sorry. There's a few other houses, a shelter, a supplies building, and a public bathroom." I explained to Luke. He simply nodded.
"Oh and this is where everyone eats. You probably know this, but it's too dangerous to eat outside." Luke took a sip of water, and walked towards me. "I can show you the supplies building now." I smiled.

I wandered around the supplies shop when my eyes landed on a pair of camouflage sweat pants. "Wow. These are nice." A smirk made it's way onto my face while I disappeared to try them on. Outside my change room, I heard one of the guys in our camp, Kylen talking.
"Hey, you're a new guy! Who brought you here?" He asked,
"Jaylynn." I heard Luke say.
"Ah Jaylynn. She's crazy." The guy chuckled, and Luke replied with yes. I quickly changed back into my pants, the new pants in my arms. My face burned in fury when I opened the door to see Luke and Kylen standing not from from the change room.
"Hey." Kylen smirked at me,
"Hi Kylen." I rolled my eyes.
"I'm glad you chose someone beneficial for once." Kylen chuckled, "Excuse me? My friends are just as awesome as him!" I snarled. Kylen sighed and looked at Luke,
"Would you like to head out with my friends to go fight and collect supplies tommorow?"
"Okay." Luke agreed.
"Or you could go with my group." I smiled at him.
"They asked me first." He shrugged, "That's fine then, but you better be careful." I grinned, and spun toward my house since the pants were free. The moon outside the store couldn't be seen through the thick mist.
"We better get some sleep then." I wandered towards my house, and Luke and I walked in. I found Lev, Melody, and Dash already fast asleep in their beds. "Night." I whispered to Luke, and crawled into my own bed.

WRITTEN BY HORSEGIRL66