Jaylynn

As soon as Jett and I returned back to the swimming pool, I laid my dog on the tiles, and began tending to his wounds. Dash came up beside me and offered to help, I smiled at him, "Thanks Dash.". My friend looked at me with a warm expression on his face, as he handed me bandages.

It took a while to patch up Apprentice's wound, but it fortanutely wasn't that bad. I was thankful for that. Dash suddenly touched my arm,
"Can I talk to you?" he asked,
"About what?" I nodded.
"I'll tell you, but first can we go somewhere safe?"
"Of course, where though?" I asked. Dash grinned and pulled me into an office.
"Are you sure it's safe?"
"Yeah." Dash nodded. He then took a deep breath before looking at me.
"Jaylynn, I'm in love with you." He said calmly. I looked at him, unsure of what to say. He was in love with me? I averted my gaze, and Dash grabbed me and pulled me close. In a matter of seconds, Dash had taken both our masks off. He quickly took off his glasses, and pressed his lips against mine. My eyes widened, as Dash put his arms on my back.
"Dash." I whispered, and he let go of me.
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." He closed his eyes.
"No, it's okay." I said, and kissed him. We let go of each-other, and I smiled, and played with a lock of his blue hair. Dash smiled back, and brushed away a strand of my hair. My mind was racing, and I instantly thought of Luke. No. I growled to myself. Luke didn't care about me like this guy did. Dash looked at me with a sweetness I'd never seen before,
"This is going to sound stupid, but I never knew how to tell you I was in love with you until now.". I looked up at the guy, and planted a quick kiss on his cheek,
"Jay." Nova suddenly came up in front of me.
"Hm?" I blinked,
"It's about Luke." My mouth suddenly went dry. What if he died? What if this was all my fault? I should have stopped him.
"Cherise and I went out to find supplies. He was with another group." I froze in my spot,
"What?" I couldn't breathe.
"And, he looked happy." Nova said. My eyes widened, as my mind went blank. The rest of my teammates came running up, each with sad looks on their faces. They were all just a blur, as I stared into space, as if it were the only thing that mattered. Then the truth hit me, and it was enough to break my heart. Luke never loved me.

The time passed by, days, weeks. It had been a month since I'd last seen Luke. I was moving on, but I still couldn't stop myself from missing him. My friends tried their best to comfort me, but I honestly didn't know what would help at the moment. I took a deep breath as I sat in the park near our new camp. It was a small camp, but it was protected by barbed wire, so it would protect us for now. I tucked my knees up to my chest and let the wind blow back my hair. Sometimes I wished it would carry me away with it. Lev came up beside me, and sat down.
"You need to stop hanging out outside all the time. I swear you're going to get radiation poisoning." Lev teased. I let out a soft giggle, and looked at him.
"Do you think I'll ever see Luke again?" I asked Lev. My friend sighed,
"Thinking about Luke is only going to make this situation worse.".
"You're right." I sighed, and pushed my hair over my shoulders.
"Can we go fight some mutants?" I asked Lev,
"That's more like the Jaylynn I know, come on.". Lev grinned as he helped me up.

I drew my hand guns as the two of us scaled over the fence. My eyes instantly scanned for mutants, and I loaded my gun. A mutant looked at me from a far, but I didn't waste anytime shooting at it. The mutant collapsed dead, and I grinned upon seeing two more mutants appear. I easily shot both down, and then aimed my gun at the next approaching mutant, taking it down.
"Jaylynn?" Lev blinked as he stared at me. I looked around me and realized I had killed more mutants than I thought. About thirty dead mutants lay around me. I then realized that I felt no regret for killing all the mutants. What was wrong with me? I shut my eyes, and took deep breaths. "I'm sorry," I breathed,
"I don't know what's wrong with me.".
"It's called taking out your anger." Lev explained. I sighed,
"Yeah, I have established that.". Lev chuckled,
"You have to learn how to control it though Jay." He placed a hand on my shoulder.
"Otherwise, something could happen." I stared off into the sky, and nodded.
"Can we go back to camp." I asked, my hands shaking. Lev began walking back, and I followed right after. As soon as Lev and I got back to the base, I collapsed in my bed. I clicked off the bedside light, and tried to sleep.
"Jay." A voice whispered through the darkness. I didn't respond, and kept my eyes tightly shut. The person sat on the end of my bed, and leaned forward, kissing me on the forehead. I let my eyes open, and they met with Dash.
"Hi." I whispered,
"Hey." He smiled,
"You should get some sleep.". "Will you stay? Just till I fall asleep?" I asked him. Dash nodded and I made room for him on the bed. He pulled me into his arms, and I fell asleep instantly.