36

It was already 9 in the morning but everyone in the inn was still in bed. There were no guests so it meant it was the start of their one week of rest for themselves. 

The door to the common area opened and in came the mayor and his wife. Youngsoon had told them to rest at home as there were no guests and it'd only be them for the week but the couple decided to surprise them with a late breakfast. 

"You think they're still asleep?" The mayor's wife asked his husband as she quietly placed the ingredients down on the countertop. 

"Yep. I'm positive." He assured his wife as he began to wash the ingredients. "They've all been working really hard. I bet they're all tired and tied down to their beds right now."

His wife smiled at his words. She had always thought that celebrities were only good on camera and would eventually reveal their bad habits and personalities in real life but she was wrong. Of course there were still people like that but she was thankful that she got to know people that were kind and genuine at least. 

While the couple was preparing breakfast, Jiyong had just gotten out of the shower. 

He had guessed that everyone - including himself, would oversleep, so he decided beforehand to cook them an American style brunch. 

In front of the mirror, he grabbed his toothbrush and the tube of toothpaste he and Kiwoong shared - as the former had forgot to buy one when they were at the market when his happen to run out. He opened the tube and started to squeeze, but nothing was coming out of it. 

Not wanting to give up, he placed his toothbrush back to where he got it and squeezed the tube from the bottom but it was still of no use. 

He sighed, grabbed his toothbrush and headed for the door. 

He had to ask for some. 

He walked towards the room nearest to theirs: Dara's

They've shared toothpaste before, what was so bad with asking her for some now? 

When he came face to face with Dara's door,  he took a deep breath before knocking. 

Dara was woken up by a series of knocks on her door.

Yawning, she pushed the sheets away from her body and headed towards the sound. 

Her face was a mess but she didn't mind even after seeing Jiyong's freshly showered self outside.

The man chuckled at her appearance. Despite the disheveled hair and clothes thrice her size as pajamas, Dara was still a beauty. 

"Sorry to disturb your sleep. Can I perhaps ask some toothpaste from you? Kiwoong Hyung used mine all up."

"Why are you awake so early?" She asked, still half asleep. Dara opened her door wide enough for Jiyong to enter.

She had nothing to hide, her things were arranged properly and the room was in order aside from the bed that she had just gotten out of a while ago, so she was not concerned to having a man inside her room. 

Dara didn't take long, a few moments later, she returned with a tube of toothpaste and an unopened bottle of mouthwash in hand. 

She grabbed the hand Jiyong was holding his toothbrush with - much to the man's surprise, and squeezed the toothpaste there herself. She then shoved the mouthwash in his hands then, with a headband, she fixed her hair a tad bit. 

A smile then made its way to Jiyong's face.

Dara had done just that when they were together. She'd be the one to place toothpaste on his toothbrush and prepare mouthwash as she knew he liked using it after brushing his teeth.

It was good to see slight evidences of their past relationship.

"You haven't answered my question." She seriously pointed out that made Jiyong flinch.

"Oh? I plan on making brunch."

"Let me help you then." Dara offered, earning a suspicious look from Jiyong. Dara saw the man's expression and immediately understood. "Oh please, I know I'm a disaster in the kitchen but I can still, at least, prepare the ingredients. Right?"

The woman puffed out her cheeks, making her appear cuter.

She looked like a bunny, especially after wearing the bunny eared headband she had.

"Okay then. Meet you after 5 minutes."

Dara, after washing her face and brushing her teeth, opened the door to meet Jiyong's 'about to knock on the door' position.

The former chuckled before pushing him aside to walk ahead towards the kitchen.

"Oh? Dara-ah?"

Dara was surprised to see the mayor and his wife cooking. She knew Youngsoon had told them not to come for the week, but they still did.

"Noona. What are you doing here?" Jiyong was also surprised to see the mayor and his wife.

"What are you doing out of bed so early?" The mayor asked as he looked over his shoulder as he was washing some the dishes his wife had used up.

"Hyung, it's already 9 in the morning." He slightly chuckled before grabbing a cup of coffee for him and a glass of juice for Dara. "We planned to make brunch, but seeing that you guys are here cooking, I think we don't have to do it anymore."

He pulled out a seat for Dara and himself and sat comfortably whilst looking at the couple cooking in the kitchen.

"What nonsense are you spouting?" The mayor's wife walked towards where GD was seated and placed a bunch of ingredients in front of him. "Now that you're awake, you have no choice but to help."

~

"Yah. Yeobo, stop staring and chop those up." The mayor's wife scolded her husband when she caught him staring at the two people across the kitchen. 

"Don't blame me, they're just so cute."

The mayor's wife chuckled. Her husband was right. Individually, Dara and Jiyong had their own style but together, they were just so cute. 

The garlic Dara was chopping flew from her chopping board and Jiyong was not holding in his laughter. He was actually even teasing Dara. 

"Stop laughing at me!" The woman grumbled as she continued to chop the garlic. 

"Don't do it like that, you'll end up cutting your fingers." He scolded her before fixing the way she held the knife. 

"Whatever. Don't forget you also made garlic fly once, Chef Kwon." Dara rolled her eyes and continued chopping the garlic, holding the knife the way Jiyong had instructed her to. 

Seeing that she was acting all haughty but still followed his instructions, Jiyong laughed slightly before turning around to continue cooking. 

He only gave Dara simple things to do while he took care of all the actual cooking. 

He didn't want their friends to have eggshells in their breakfast, now did he?