22

When they arrived at the inn, the men didn't allow her to carry anything. She was once again left with her small bag as they walked towards the entrance.

"How gentlemanly of you boys." Youngsoon commented when she saw them.

Jiyong - who hurried out of the kitchen to see Dara, scoffed and went back to cooking with a scowl.

"Youngsoon Eonnie, what can I do?" It was too early to set the table and she wanted to do something.

"Rest first dear. It must've been tiring at the market."

"Noona! It's better to have Dara buy groceries from now on, the Ahjummas at the market gave her so many free things!" Kiwoong exclaimed as he opened a pack of sweets that were placed on top of the coffee table in the common area.

"Oh?" Youngsoon raised a brow at the man. "Are you loosing your charms now Kiwoong?" She teased which made the man pout.

"Noona! It's not like thay. I am still very charming." He grinned as he walked towards the exit that lead to the staff's quarterts. "Then, I'll show these two their rooms."

After deciding to have people over as helpers, Eunkyung and Hyunwoo immediately called the construction company that helped them since day 1. They then explained the situation and additional 2 rooms were built in just a span of 5 days.

When they left, Dara decided to sit down on the common area.

She was deep in thought about things when she noticed a cute little boy staring up at her with big round eyes. The cutie was wearing a multicolored striped shirt tucked inside a demin jumper.

"Oh? Hello!" Dara leaned forward and smiled at the little boy. "Are you one of our guests little mister?"

The kid immediately nodded his head and smiled back at the woman. He then bridged the gap between them and situated himself in between Dara's legs.

"Oh! Aren't you a cutie." She then pinched the little boy's cheeks as she muttered things that'd appeal to kids his age. "What's your name little mister?"

"Han Daeho!" The child happily exclaimed then chuckled.

"Oh? Then mister Han Daeho, why are you here alone? Where're your mom and dad?" She lifted the child so that he could sit on her lap. Daeho didn't mind and was actually happy about Dara's actions.

"Oh? Here you are Daeho-ah!" The mayor's wife had on a panicked stricken face when she entered the common area but was instantly replaced with relief when she saw Daeho sitting comfortably on Dara's lap. "It's a good thing he's with you Dara-ah. His parents are out for a bit, and they asked me to look after Daeho but he doesn't quite like me." The woman laughed.

Daeho's attitude towards Dara now was a complete 180° turn to what his attitude towards her was a few hours ago.

Daeho's parents did tell her that their child was picky when it came to people but - being a mother, she brushed it off and assumed that she and the little guy were going to be best of friends.

But boy was she wrong.

The child won't even allow her to get near him! He'd immediately cry - making her flustered.

But now, he seemed so happy in Dara's embrace so she chuckled and decided to leave him with her. Even if she felt sorry for disturbing Dara's rest, she was sure that Daeho won't compromise and would keep on pestering her if she were to separate them.

"Can I leave him with you Dara-ah?"

"Sure Eonnie!"

Jiyong was upset.