32

So, yesterday was eventful. I'm still having mixed feelings about the sudden announcement but, hey, it's Dara. We all know she has her plans laid out already. We just have to trust her ❤️.

~

Jiyong

"You cook?" I was doing my usual routine when Junsuke entered the kitchen still looking sleepy. "Who are you and what did you do to Kwon Jiyong?"

"You're overreacting." I push him aside to get to the fridge. I get some ingredients out and continued to cook.

"I am not! The Kwon Jiyong I know can do the basics but he can't do this!" He motioned to the food I was cooking. It wasn't something special, it was just the normal Korean breakfast with rice, soup, meat and some side dishes.

I didn't reply.

What's so shocking about me being able to cook? What's shocking is when Dara learns to cook.

"He's been cooking since week 2." Youngsoon Noona pointed out for me and went back to making some of the side dishes.

If not for the fact that he was very near a wall, he would've been on the floor by now as he 'dramatically' lost his footing when he heard Noona's words.

Really. Junsuke is such a drama queen.

He rambled on and on about how bad of a friend I was for not telling him that I could finally cook above average food but I chose not to even listen.

Junsuke was still a rambling mess - with his crumpled shirt and messy hair, when Se7en Hyung entered the kitchen looking as baby faced as ever. He was more pleasing to the eye than Junsuke so I greeted him.

"What? Se7en gets a good morning and I don't? You really don't hide your acts of favoritism don't you?"

"Oh? You cook?" I sighed. He didn't even bother to say good morning back, his eyes immediately widened at the sight of me in an apron.

"See? Even Se7en was shocked!"

"Can we stop talking about me cooking? The guests are about to wake up soon."

This week's guests were mostly foreigners visiting the country so Youngsoon Noona and I decided to prepare a Korean breakfast every once in a while so that they could at least try some.

"Is it really that surprising that I could cook?" I unknowingly asked Youngsoon Noona the moment Junsuke and Se7en Hyung left the kitchen to go and help Dara with the table.

"What do you think? I - who knew you through the internet, was even shocked. What more them who've known you for years now?" She smiled and handed me a spoon with a bit of the side dish she made.

"It needs a tad more salt Noona." She nodded and added some into the bowl.

Thinking about it now, Junsuke and Se7en Hyung's surprise towards me cooking is understandable. I could fry shit but I would've never succeeded in making soup or stew. In their eyes, I could've even burnt the soup and was no better than Dara.

Junsuke and Se7en Hyung were close to me, yes. Though what bothers me is Dara. She knew practically everything about me.

"But why wasn't she surprised at all?"

"Oh? You mean Dara?" I immediately looked at Noona. I swear, I was looking at her like she was a 2 headed monster who was out to have my head.

"Did I just say that out loud?"

"Yes. You just did." She chuckled as I closed my eyes in frustration. I could hear her murmur something but her voice was too low, so I couldn't quite get a hold of it.

"What did you say Noona?"

"Nothing." She smiled and handed me a bowl, ordering me to pour the soup inside it after it's done.

~

"Dara~" Kiwoong ran towards the woman who was happily chatting with Junsuke in the common area.

She turned her head and smiled at the approaching man and even made some room for him so that he could sit beside her.

To say I wasn't jealous was something stupid.

How I wish she could act like that around me again.

I sigh and sit across them, right beside Se7en Hyung who was happily talking to one of our guests - a foreign golf player.

"Want to go to the market with me?" Kiwoong grinned. He was supposed to go with me but I turned him down and told him to go by himself as a punishment for annoying me again, but now, he's found someone to bring with him. Worse, he was going to bring Dara, so now I don't have a choice but to tag along.

My annoyance towards Kiwoong could never amount to my desire to spend more time with Dara.

"Sure!" She answered brightly and then turned to Junsuke. "Wanna come with? The market here is one of the a tourist spots!"

"Sure!"

"Then let's go!" Dara and Junsuke went ahead while Kiwoong got the car keys. I waited for the latter by the door and as soon as he saw me, he stopped and raised a brow at me. "Thought you weren't coming?"

"Shut up and let's go." I basically drag him to the car.

Junsuke and Dara were already at the back, so I had no choice but to sit up front beside Kiwoong.

"You were going too Jiyong?" Junsuke asked as soon as I buckled myself in.

I gave him a short 'hmm' which he shrugged at then continued to have a conversation with Dara and Kiwoong.

I appeared to look straight at the road, but in reality, I was glancing at the rearview mirror where I could see Dara's reflection every now and then so that I won't be caught red handed.

"Ahh~ I want to eat steak tonight!" Junsuke said as he rubbed his belly.

"How about we have samgyupsal instead?" Dara suggested with a huge grin.

"You just want to drink soju!" Junsuke flicked her forehead, making me frown.

Who gave him the right to flick Dara on the forehead?

It even made a sound!

It must've hurt a lot.

I'm going to get back at Junsuke later.

"Yah~ I'm not the only one. Right Kiwoong?" She was whining and was asking for some backup but Kiwoong only laughed. "GD-ah?"

GD-ah?

Hah.

"Hmm." I nod my head, without looking back. "I think samgyupsal would be good."

Dara clapped her hands and grinned excitedly. She was obviously pleased that I agreed to have samgyupsal.

Kiwoong and Junsuke on the other hand looked at me with teasing eyes, as if saying 'you whipped dork'.

What?

How could I possibly even say no?

~

This update is blah.

I don't know why but the news still got me shocked with a million questions running inside my head.

I'll work hard on the next one.

xoxo DaisYzylle