Commoner's Newspaper

Dr. Owen prescribed Storge with some herbal potions before sending her back to the base. 

"I've already called Yami," Dr. Owen said. "He said he'll send one of your senpai's to pick you up." 

"That was really kind of you," Storge said with a smile. "But I should be able to go back to the base just fine. I do have my broom afterall." 

Dr. Owen coughed. He turned towards Noelle and Asta, who were both avoiding his gaze by scanning the plants and windows around them. "You didn't tell her?" He asked them. 

"We- we didn't want to make her worry," Noelle exclaimed bashfully. 

"I forgot," Asta admitted. 

Storge looked around. "Is there something I'm supposed to know?" 

Dr. Owen sighed as he beckoned Storge to his window. He pulled back the curtain just enough for Storge to peak through. 

"Long story short, you're famous." 

Dr. Owen's window overlooked a huge crowd that was gathered below, asking if she was alright and demanding that they get to speak to her for a few minutes. Storge was at a lost for words. 

"We told them 1 hour ago that you already woke up from your comma and is fit to return to your magic knight duties. They pressed on saying that they really need to meet you in person for pictures and interviews." 

"But... why?" Storge desperately asked. 

A few minutes, and one portal from Finral later. She was sitting in the Black Bulls common room with her hands shaking as she read the FRONT PAGE of the newspaper. 

"This is overly exaggerated," Storge mumbled as she sat there in the verge of crying from embarrassment. 

"There there," Vanessa said, patting her in the back. "Fame isn't that bad you know. It makes you popular with the gentlemen in town." 

Apparently, the father of the boy with the broken leg that she saved was a journalist. A pretty famous one too, for the commoners and peasants at least. He wrote, in great detail, how she ditched the greedy noble to save his family, calling her a white knight, guardian of the oppressed, and the symbol of equality and true justice. It also includes testimonies from the children she saved, along with the Sister from the church. 

"That's very heroic of you kid," Magna said. "You should be proud." 

"my friend is a true hero," Gordon whispered. As usual, nobody heard him. 

"Don't get to cocky!" Noelle exclaimed. "You are only featured in the newspaper for peasants! They won't bother put you in the newspaper that nobles read!" 

"Oh," Storge said. "Well what's on the front cover on that?" 

"Captain Fuegoleon..." 

A silence fell across the room. 

Storge, oblivious as ever, looked around at the dejected faces of his squamates. "What happened?" 

"Here," Vanessa said, handing her the "noble's" newspaper. Storge read the article out loud. 

"Captain Fuegoleon of the Crimson Lions was attacked and defeated by an unknown mage. He is now unconscious and currently treated in the hospital. His brother, Leopold Vermillion, states that- wait what!" 

Storge's eyes fell on the picture on the page. It was a picture of the mage she met during the ambush three days ago, Leopold, currently being interviewed in a formal press conference. 

She felt her soul leave her body as she stared as his face. "You're telling me that three days ago, I rudely yelled at... 

the Captain of the Crimson Lion's younger brother...

...who is also a rich and powerful noble..."

I'm so screwed." 

"Guys," Storge said, her voice as guilty as ever. "If, by any chance, we get negative golden star, I'm really really sorry," she apologized with her head held down. 

"What are you talking about?" Asta asked.

Before Storge could answer, the door burst open. 

"Ah Yami danchou!" Finral exclaimed as he stood up. "You should've called me to go pick you up- danchou?" 

Everyone turned to see Yami, with his broom in one hand and a cigarette in another. Their mouths dropped. 

Their beloved mighty captain, was covered in bruises from head to toe. His shirt and pants were ripped. Blood flowed from a flesh wound on his forehead and from his mouth. His body wasn't even standing upright. It was a sight none of them thought they would see. 

"No way." 

"Impossible." 

"What happened?" 

"You had a fight without me danchou! Meanie!" 

"Eat my cupcake danchou!" 

"i'll get the healing potion" 

"I hope Mary doesn't see this." 

"YAMI DANCHOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" 

"Shut up bastards!" Yami spat out. Without even glancing at his squad, he walked past them to the hallway. "I'm going to go take a dump."