The Magic Knights Salute

Storge felt sick to the core. "They committed suicide after harming so many innocent citizens? How could they?" 

"HUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Yami burst into laughter. Everyone there stared at him in shock. "Um, Yami danchou?" Asta said. "Is this really the right time to be laughing?" 

"Well, being depressed isn't going to bring good old Seihe back." He said as he puffed a huge smoke cloud. Storge scooted over to Asta. "Who?" She whispered. "The old man from Saussy village who asked Yami danchou for help," he whispered back. 

"THAT'S RIGHT DANCHOU!" Magna exclaimed. The sadness in his face has been replaced with full on determination. "Seihi was a goofy and funny man. He'll hate seeing us like this." 

He let out a smirk followed by a very loud laughter. "HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAH! Come on short stack! You too Nono. Everyone! HUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" 

"Magna's gone crazy," Luck said with his usual squeaky voice. 

Asta clenched his fist. "It's the least I can do," he said in his head. "Hahahahahahahahaha." It was pretty obvious that he's doing his best to force it out of his mouth. Noelle turned to both of them and followed suit. Despite sounding forced, you could hear the effort and pain behind it, like a hero smiling after a victory despite losing all of his comrades in battle. 

"Alright alright. That's enough. It's getting creepy," Yami said. "Yami danchou..." Asta whined as he could feel the invisible blade of his captain's words hit him hard. 

"On a lighter note, Finral, Vanessa, go to the royal capital and report everything to them." 

"Yes sir!" They said before hoping into a portal and disappeared. 

"Now, for you three," he said returning his gaze to Magna, Asta, and Noelle. "Keep up the good work. You have surpassed each of your limits today." 

"Thank you sir!" Magna said as he raised three fingers and placed it on his chest. Asta looked at him confused. "What are you doing?" He asked. "You've never heard of the magic knights salute!?" Magna asked, complete baffled with how little Asta knew of the magic knights despite being so obsessed to become one. 

"Let me show you! You raise your fingers to your chest like this. The fingers represent the same things as the three clover leaves, faith, hope, and love." 

"Like this?" Asta said as he did it but quite awkwardly. 

"Eh, good enough," Magna said. 

 "There is something else," Yami said, returning to the matter at hand. Somehow, the Wizard King got wind of what you did today. So he told me to give you guys this." 

"Wait," Storge thought to her self as the cogs inside her head began to turn. "Does that mean Yami danchou knew about the attack at Saussy village even before Asta and Noelle came home? Then why didn't he say anything?" 

Yami pulled out a gold star from his pocket. 

"WOAH! A GOLD STAR!" Asta exclaimed. "AND IT'S FROM THE WIZARD KING TOO! THAT'S SO COOL!" 

"I think I've heard about those in the papers," Storge said. "It's said that there's a competition among the magic knight squads on who has the most stars. The more stars they have, the stronger they are deemed to be.

"Last time I checked the papers, the Golden Dawn placed first with 70 stars." 

"Woah really?" Asta exclaimed with his classic sparkly diamond eyes. He then turned to Yami. "How many stars do we have?" He asked. "We shouldn't be that far behind." 

"Negative 30," Yami simply answered. 

"What?" 

"We're a perfect 100 stars behind the Dawn," he said before placing another cigarette in his mouth.