Not the Smartest Assassin I've Ever Seen

Ever since that day, Storge and Asta has been leaving to Fanzell's place (which was a run down house in the middle of the woods) the church after completing their chores and errands. 

Asta could swing, toss, and control his huge sword according to his will but still lost to Fanzell on their training duels. Storge on the other hand learned a new skill, to change the swords she was holding while fight in battle. So she could change her normal sword, to a double edged sword, an axe, and a dagger, at will according to her will. But her foot work and strength needs a little bit of work so Zell suggested that she use a boy and arrow instead. 

Today, Storge got an extra chore of peeling potatoes because Father Orsi is going to have guest for dinner and they needed more potatoes that usual. So Asta went ahead, leaving Storge to her duties. 

"Storge," Yuno said as he appeared by the door of the kitchen. Storge looked up from her potato. "Yes?" 

"What are you and Asta doing when you leave every day?" He asked, his tone flat as ever. 

"Oh, we're just training in the woods," Storge gave a simple answer. "You know how passionate Asta is about the Magic Knights Entrance Exam. I'm just helping him out." 

"Oh," Yuno said. A simple response, nor negative or positive. "Storge was starting to get concerned. "Is there something wrong Yuno?" She asked. 

Yuno was silent for a moment. "Be honest Storge, do you think Asta has a chance?" Stroge tilted her head. "You mean for the magic knights exam? I think he has a fair-"

"No, against me." 

This took Storge by surprise. "Is this about the "who could be the wizard king first" rivalry?" She asked and Yuno just nodded. There was another moment of silence until Yuno spoke up. 

"He has no magic and I have a four leaf. He has never one a duel against me. He can't fly on a broom and defend himself without being endlessly bruised at the end. I can fight. I am strong. He should just give up and let me prove to the world that peasants can be strong like nobles.

"The same goes for you too Storge," He added. Storge was taken aback. "What do you mean..." 

"You're weak. That one page, puny excuse of a grimoire can't protect you. I suggest you stay safe here within the walls of the church and take care of our siblings. When I become wizard king, I'll help find who your mother was for you."

"Yuno! The guest are here to see you!" The two siblings heard Sister Lily call. "I gotta go," he said and quickly took his leave. "Wait! Yuno!" Storge said. She clearly couldn't except what Yuno said about her and Asta. It's not like he knew the progress we have made. The hardships we, especially Asta, had to face in order to be able to fight mages who were naturally born with magic. Yuno doesn't understand, and maybe he'll never understand unless she says something. 

As she turned to corner to the main worship room, she stopped when she heard the sound of strangers talking to Yuno and Father Orsi. Not wanting to interrupt, she hid behind a wall and listened. 

"ORSI!" A deep sound of a woman was heard. "Long time no see old pal!" 

"Same here Sister Galatea, still rowdy since theology school I see." Father Orsi joked. "Hahaha, is this the miracle four leaf clover child everyone has been talking about! Man he's handsome. Such height and good built. He would make a mighty knight. Say Orsi, are the other kids you raised as good as this one?" 

"Nope, but they're still good kids nonetheless. But Yuno my boy, he's the best Hage village is ever going to get!" 

Storge felt like she was stabbed with a double edge sword. "But Asta works harder than him!" She wanted to scream out. "He has anti magic. He could beat Yuno!" 

Storge walked back to kitchen and hysterically peeled every single last one of the potatoes before grabbing Yuno's broom (not out of spite, Yuno already allowed her to borrow the broom without his permission when he's not using it) and flew to Zell's house. "The sooner she gets there, the sooner she can practice with Asta, which means that Asta will be stronger." 

After a few minutes of speed flying, she abruptly stopped. Flames. There were flames and sounds of breaking wood and glass coming from Zell's house. Storge panicked. "Oh no, what now?" 

She decided to land a few feet away from the house to sneak up on whoever attacked. She tried to convince herself that they'll be fine cuz Zell is a commander and Asta is well... Asta. She apprached the house on foot and managed to peaked through a window without being seen.

From that window, she could see five mages holding up their grimoires and aiming their hands at Zell and Asta, who were both tide up and separated from their  grimoires. Both of them don't look so good as they look like they were being interrogated by a girl wearing black. 

"Mariella..." Storge heard Zell said in a weak voice. "I did it just like how you taught me sensei (teacher). Make sure you outnumber your enemy before a surprise attack."

"So she's one of Mr. Zell's students from back when he taught in the Diamond Kingdom. How dare she disrespect her teacher like that!"

"OI, if you look up to him so much, why are you doing this!" Asta yelled at her. 

"The Diamond Kingdom wants him back. Him and his fiancee." She answered. 

"No... Dominante..." Zell blurted out. 

Through whatever was left of the windows flew 5 silver arrows at lightning speed, piercing each of the mages and sending them tumbling on the ground. Storge then barged in, produced a sword and pinned Mariella on a wall an directed the tip of the blade to her neck. With another hand she managed to grab Zell's grimoire and toss it to him, allowing him to break his bonds with his wind magic and help Asta get out of his. 

"The way you treat such a great teacher disgust me," Storge spat out. Mariella looked shocked for one second yet resumed her flat faced expression she always had. 

"Storge, you can let her go," Zell said. Storge turned to look at him in shock. "But...but why!?" 

"We outnumber her. She doesn't stand a chance." 

"WOAH, I got my sword back!" Asta exclaimed as he reclaimed his grimoire. 

Storge slumped as the sword in her hands disappeared. "You are not a smart assassin are you?" she said to her. "You're too easy to catch." 

Mariella scoffed. "This isn't the last of me." She said. "I'll catch you and bring you back home, Fanzell Kruger." 

And she left the house. Pretty anti climactic isn't it. 

After that, Zell decided to leave the hut and continue his search for his long lost lover. Storge gave him a new set of clothes (cuz for some reason he's naked again) along with some food and a map of Clover Kingdom. "Good luck on your exam kids! I wish you the best of luck!" 

"THANK YOU SO MUCH!" Asta yelled out as Storge waved in silence. When he was out of sight, the two teens turned around and began to head for home. 

Even with Yuno's broom in hand, they decided to just walk together at a normal pace. No running or racing, just a nice simple walk. 

"The Magic Knigths Entrance Exam is next month isn't it?" Storge said, attempting some small talk to fill the silence. "Yeah!" Asta answered. "And I can hardly wait!" 

"Asta, do you think you stand a chance to get a spot in a squad?" 

There, she asked it, hoping that Asta won't be offended. 

Asta just smiled. "Totally! And if I don't pass, I'll try again next year. I won't give up. I'll never give up. I swear I'll be the next wizard king and prove to the kingdom and we peasants are strong!" 

"That's the Asta I know," Storge thought to her self as she smiled. The sun was starting to set and the sky was a beautiful gradation of orange pink and purple. "He's totally gonna kick Yuno on the face." 

"You should join too Storge," Asta said out of the blue. This time, he was not answered with the usual "no". 

Storge said with a beaming smile on her face. 

"Sure, I'll give it a try."