Dead People Should Stay...Dead

Storge ditched Charmy and ran to the source of the sound. She a small sense of pride and confidence filled her head as she went to the rescue. Atleast, until she saw a swarm of zombies blocking the way and reaching out towards her. 

"Get away!" She yelled as she blasted them away with wind magic, which cleared the path for her to continue running. A hand flew off, falling on her shoulder with icky liquid leaking out. "EWW!" She shrieked, tossing it away to a nearby flame. "Gross..." she muttered as she continued to run. 

"HELP!" A child screamed and Storge was forced to stop on her tracks. She turned to the source of the noise to see that there was a little girl being completely surrounded by zombies, closing in on her and ready to kill. 

Storge used her wind magic once more, creating a whirlwind that carried the zombies and tossed them a good distance away. She then approached the child and hugged her tightly. "It's going to be okay," She comforted her as tears streamed down like a fountain from the little girl's eyes to her messed up cloak. 

"Where's your mother?" Storge asked. The girl just turned to a fallen building that was nothing but debris. Storge shuddered. 

The child clung to her tighter as Storge could hear more zombies walking towards them. She took a deep breath. 

"What's you name?" She asked as calmly as she could. 

"Daisy." 

Storge forced a warm smile. "Daisy, can you please close your eyes? It'll only be for a moment." 

Daisy obeyed and as soon as her little eyelids shut. Storge used her magic to create the big bad wolf, now perfected to be the scariest, loudest, and hungriest wolf ever to set foot in the kingdom. 

It let out a loud growl and Daisy led out a scared cry and hugged Storge with all her might. Stroge, who wasn't fazed by her creation, looked dead at the swarm of zombies. 

"Get them," she ordered. The wolf's eyes immediately glowed red as it pounced, crushing a large number of corpses with it's paws and devouring even more of them with his mouth.

It continued to attack another group of zombies. And another. And another. Clearing the alleyways and freeing the people who were about to be eaten. Storge followed the wolf, still with Daisy in hand as it destroyed each and every zombie in it's path. 

They ended up an an empty intersection when Storge had to let the wolf disappear because her magic was reaching her limits. She and Daisy took shelter in an archway as a few guards started running down the street and putting matters onto their own hands. "Thank goodness," Storge sighed to herself as she her body gasped and panted for air. 

Then, out of nowhere, fire started appearing on the rooftops of houses. The flames were amplified and soaring on the ever darkening sky and the smoke started to fill the air, causing panic and disarray among the victims. 

Both Daisy and Storge were starting to be covered in ash as the excited their shelter as to not get burned alive. Daisy was visibly distressed as she once again clung to Storge for dear life. 

"HELPPP!" A cry of a little boy could be heard from a building nearby. Storge's older sister instincts kicked in and rushed to the direction of the noise as fast as she can to find two little boys trapped inside a burning building. 

The entrance was on fire and all Storge could was the two chaps jumping in the smoke to see anyone was outside to save them. "Please help us!" They cried when they saw Storge. 

"Stand back," She said to Daisy as she imagine water, just like Noelle's, and blasted the entrance, making the flames disappear. "Come on!" She ordered, beckoning the boys to run out before the flames intensified once more. They obeyed and rushed into Storge's arms. "Thank you nee-san!" One of them said. 

Storge just smile and patted their heads. Both of them were identical, probably twins. They were both way older than Daisy, but still a young helpless child nonetheless. 

A single zombie appeared out of nowhere and attacked Storge from behind. "NEE-SAN!" One of the boys screamed in alarm, pointing at the beast. She immediately freed a hand from the hug, created a sword and sliced the creature in half. Daisy let out a mortified scream and the boys hid their faces. 

"I'm sorry I'm sorry," Storge soothed all of them, turning to Daisy and carrying the child on her back. 

"Can you guys run?" Storge asked the boys. Both of them nodded. 

"What are your names?"

"Danny. And this is Don." 

"Well Danny and Don, I need you to listen to me carefully, we need to get out of the capital, it should be safe outside of the walls. So stay close to me okay!" 

"Yes ma'am!" The kids obeyed. 

"Good, let's go!" She said as she started to sprint, the boys following beside her. 

Little did Storge know that the run towards the main gates of the capitals won't be as straightforward as she thought it's going to be. 

Five minutes in, there was another child's scream. Then another. And another. There was even a mother whose half of her body was crushed under a building and gave her baby of so that at least her child would be saved. One of the boys volunteered to carry it as they continued their escape. Then there were kids who's leg got stuck under bricks and stone so Storge and the kids need to band together to set him free and carry him with them. 

2 hours in and there are 15 children running with her. 10 of them were old and healthy enough to run and the rest were either still to young or had very bad wounds, making them incapable of running. Storge, who was too stressed to ask them their names just kept sprinting, blasting water at the roads that were on fire so that they could pass safely. Sometimes a swarm of zombies would block their way and Storge was forced to use whatever magic she has left to summon the big bad wolf once more. 

The group finally made it to the town square where the front gates of the capital can be seen just half a mile away. Storge had to stop as her legs gave in and she felt on the hard rock ground. She was trembling, her body now low in mana and her legs just physically on it's limits. "NEE-SAN!" She could hear Don, Danny, Daisy and a few other kids cry as they rushed to her side, trying to help her out. 

"Are you okay nee-san?" Don asked. 

"NEE-SAN LOOK!" Another kid screamed. 

Storge forced her head up to see a swarm of zombie circle around the group. They were arguably hundreds of them approaching them with sickly faces from all corners. The kids screamed and panicked as the hurdled closer together. With Storge out of mana and no one to help, there was no way to get out of this one. 

Storge closed her eyes as she pulled the children close. "Escape..." She mumbled in her head. "Please help us escape." 

As she pleaded in her head, she did not notice her satchel glowing as her coverless grimoire rolled out and levitated in the air. The kids were starting to get confused yet in awe as Storge's body began to glow with it, emitting a soft white hue. Daisy, Don and Danny took a step back as Storge got up bit by bit from the ground. 

Storge felt a warm yet strong aura envelop her, making her stronger and stronger, refilling her body with the mana that she lost. Soon, she was able to stand strong once more and her magic ready for battle. 

"Imagination magic..." She said as another page in began to form. 

"Pegasus of Perseus."