The Thinner the Grimoire, The Weaker the Mage

Yuno went ahead and left both Storge and Asta in the tower. Asta was still shaken from the fact that he didn't get the grimoire he always wanted to boost his magic and become the wizard king. All the other kids already left and it was just the two Hage church orphans sitting in the steps in front of the tower's front door. 

Asta wasn't crying. Storge's arm was wrapped around his shoulders as the sun start to set. They've been sitting there for hours and Storge thinks it's time to go home. 

"Asta?" She said softly. "It's getting dark." 

That made Asta twitch as if returning to reality from a daydream. He turned to her. "Yeah, let's not keep the others waiting." 

He stood up first. His pain and disappointed in clearly shown by how he carries himself as he walk away. Storge herself was heavily pained to see him this way. 

"Okay Storge! Asta was always there to cheer you up. It's your turn now. You need to think of something to say to him ASAP!" 

She took a deep breath. "Asta! Wanna stop by a pastry sho- mphhh". 

"STORGE!" 

Multiple dark chains appeared out of nowhere and wrapped Storge up like an anaconda suffocating it's prey. Her hands are stuck and the singular page which was supposed to be her grimoire fell on the floor. Her mouth was tied shut and all she could do was toss and turn while mumbling as loud as she can. 

Amongst her panic and tears she could see Asta running towards her direction. In a spilt second, a tall man appeared holding the other end of the chains. He had a wicked smile on his face as he laughed and slammed Asta onto a wall. 

"Fufufu, poor little gremlins." He said in such a twisted voice. Storge kept thrashing around as he approached her and picked up her grimoire. "I guess you're this year's "weakest mage of the year". Everyone know that the thinner your grimoire, the weaker it is. And this," He said as he held the glowing paper up to her face. "This is trash," he spat out. "Is so weak a worthless it doesn't even deserve a cover. Makes it even easier for me to use you and that boy to blackmail the four leaf clover mage." 

 Storge's squirming intensified. "He wants Yuno! And Asta's on the floor. I need to do something!" She managed to get her hands free. She waved her hands and used her imagination magic to make a huge flock of local birds  fly towards the intruder's face. He used his chains to swat them away but to no avail. He was taken aback at the birds poking his face and the chains around Storge loosened. 

Storge could now kick the chains loose and fell on the floor. She quickly ran to Asta's side but tripped a chain. "Damn it," she cursed under her breath as she could feel the bad guy approaching her. His mana was so strong her body was shaking inside and out. She turned and before another group of chains can grab her, she defensively waved her hand at him, creating a bird cage with tight enough rails that the chains could not pass through. 

So what happen was that in the last minute, Storge remembered a story about a songbird that was captured in a bird cage and was so sad that it won't sing for the king who caught it. She thought if only there was a cage to keep the kidnapper away from her and Asta. With a wave of her, her imagination solidified and the kidnapper was contained. Storge herself froze. She knew she did it, but she didn't know she could make something of that size and that strong. She soon snapped out of it and rushed to Asta's side. 

He was unconscious. She shook him as hard. "Asta! ASTA! Wake up we need to go!" Asta suddenly opened his eyes and jumped up on his feet like nothing happened. He obliviously looked around trying to figure out what was going on. Storge, clearly pissed, grabbed his hand and sprinted away from the tower. "I'll explain later," she cried. 

Before they were a safe distance away, the ground below them cracked and multiple chains appeared and shoved the teens away form each other, Storge was tossed to a side, hit her head with a tree, fell hard on the floor. Her body aches badly and from her position she could barely make out Asta, who managed to land on his feet and the kidnapper who escaped the cage through digging a whole in the ground. Storge tried to move but it was useless. Asta needed to fight on his own. 

Then something unexpected happened. The aura around Asta changed. There was a black and blood red fog that surrounded him and the mana in the area intensified. From the black and red appeared a grimoire with not three or four leaf clover, but five. It was the devil's grimoire. 

Storge lay on the ground in confusion as blood red thunder struct and a huge silhouette of a demon appeared from Asta's shadow, as if protecting him from behind. From the grimoire, Asta pulled out a sword and with a deadly gaze he charged at full speed, destroying each and every chain on his way, and knocking the kidnapper out. 

That was the last sight Storge saw before her exhaustion and pain took over and her vision became black.