The Youngest of the Silvas

"Noelle, it's time for breakfast!" Storge said as she knocked on Noelle's bedroom door for the third time today, and it's still 7 am. 

"Leave me alone!" Noelle's demanding voice said from inside. 

"But I brought some cupcakes la!" Charmy said, holding up a tray of heavily decorated frosted cupcakes at the door.

There was no response. 

Both Charmy and Storge sighed. "Want one?" Charmy said offering Storge a cupcake. "Sure," Storge said with a dejected smile as she picked up one cupcake and took a bite. Vanessa and Gordon, who was passing by and spotted them from intersecting hall way, decided to stop by. 

"Is she still not coming out," Vanessa said with nothing but her dark pink bra and thongs with a bottle of booze in hand. Both Storge and Charmy shook their heads no. "i made her this," Gordon whispered as he pulled out a handstitched stuffed doll of Noelle. It has her platinum double pony tail hair and white and purple dress. If it weren't for the creepy black buttons for eyes, it would've been a pretty good piece. 

"Huh," Storge said, don't really knowing what to say. "Well, maybe you can show it to her when she comes out." 

"I'M NOT COMING OUT!" Noelle yelled from inside, like an child going through their rebellious stage. Everyone's mood dropped instantly. 

"Does this room have a window?" Storge asked. 

The door was blasted open to the point it was a miracle the hinges still held it in place. Noelle huffed and puffed. Her hair was undone and the clothes were wrinkly and a bit dirty. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE! IS IT SO HARD JUST TO LEAVE ME ALONE?" She yelled. 

"YES!" Storge yelled back. She's experience multiple toddler temper tantrums to know how to deal with this kind of situation. She grabbed a cupcake and shoved it at her. "Eat!" She demanded, emitting a dark and deadly aura almost equal to Asta's devil aura. 

Noelle, Charmy, Vanessa, and Gordon took a step back. 

"Hey hey, calm down Storge." Vanessa said trying to calm the girl down. "I'm going to make more food la!" Charmy said before hopping on one of her cotton sheep and dashed away. Noelle knows she has nowhere to go and just quickly grabbed a bite as a sign of defeat. 

"Good?" Storge asked. 

Noelle nodded, taking another bite before wiping her mouth with the back of her hand. Storge let out a smile. "Things will get more complicated if one of the Black Bull members die of starvation," Storge said before walking away. "Charmy-senpai is probably making more of them so feel free to go down to the dining hall to have some." 

"Wait," Noelle said, grabbing the hem of Storge's Black Bull cape to prevent her from going away. She looked down so that Storge wouldn't get a glimpse at it. "Why do you care about me so much?" She asked. "I know I'm a royal, but I was honestly pretty mean to all of you yesterday." 

Storge let out a deep sigh. "Yami danchou told us about you." 

Noelle looked up with a surprised look on her face. Storge turned to her with a warm smile. "We're more similar than you think, Miss Royalty." 

After returning from the bathroom last night, Yami asked where Noelle went. 

"She fled to her room," Storge explained as she let herself fall into the comforts of the large red circle sofa. "The girl got too embarrassed after missing a shot," Vanessa further elaborated as she went to a cupboard to grab a full bottle of booze. After checking the label to make sure it's not expired, she joined Storge on the sofa.

"What was she embarrassed about?" Storge said, thinking out loud. "I mean, everyone misses a shot or two sometimes. She could've just tried again!" 

"That's because she can't control her powers," Yami said. 

"What?" Everyone in the room gasped (yes, including Guache). "But she's a noble!" Storge said. "Aren't nobles supposed to have really strong magical powers?"

There was a dense silence in the room. No one dared to speak until Yami took it upon himself to clear the air. 

"It's true that she has tremendous amounts of mana, tens time the amount of a normal peasant. But she can't control it." 

Yami continued to explain how Noelle has never been able to use her water magic because it always goes out of control. She trains everyday but it seems like there's no progress no matter how hard she tries. Her siblings, Nebra and Solid Silva even tease her relentlessly because of it. Even her eldest brother, Captain Nozel Silva, denied her request to join his magic knight squad, the Silver Eagles, and asked me if I could take her in since she's so adamant in becoming a magic knight.  

When Yami ended his story, the mood lightened just a tiny bit because everyone understood what was going on. But a dense aura of regret still surrounded it self around Storge who just sat looking down like a child who just received a rough scold from a parent. She gripped her palms tightly as she tried to hold back her tears. Noelle's story reminded Storge of her own life, a life under the shadows of Yuno without having Asta's perseverance and high spirits. 

"Storge!" Asta said sitting next to her and trying to get her to look at him. "I bet Noelle's going to be fine." He said. 

"I won't know that until I see her for myself." Storge said and walked away to Noelle's room. 

"NOELLE! I'M SORRY!" Storge said, knocking at the door. 

"Go away," Noelle yelled from behind. 

Back in the present, 

"Storge refused to leave until you let her in. It got to the point Asta needed to carry her to her bedroom." Vanessa said and Storge blushed with embarrassment. "I'm sorry for being so stubborn," she apologized. 

This made Noelle blush even more as she let go of Storge's hand. "Well," she said. "As a royal, I demand to know what you mean with our lives being more similar than you think!" Her voice was still cocky but more hesitant and gentle than before. Everyone noticed it as Storge let out her signature warm smile. 

"Sure, but let's get down to the dining hall before breakfast is over. Charmy made this thing called pancakes, which is not made out of potatoes, and I'm dying to try it out."