22 | •For better or worse•

Previously on chapter 21

For once in his life, the lower moon demon felt thankful for he was granted to rest. 
»»---------««

❝I'm not telling you it is going to be easy - I am telling you it is going to be worth it

I'm not telling you it is going to be easy - I am telling you it is going to be worth it.– Art Williams

Tap 

Stacking another round stone on top of the rock glued on the ground. 

Tap 

The piles of small, grey stones were structurally balance, it didn't shake or collapse upon putting the last stone to the perfectly stand rocks. 

Ryuu was curiously watching his father, amazed at the different sizes of rocks that turned stable as they were piled into a single group. 

"What are the rocks for papa?"

The father didn't hear the soft voice filling within the forestry, he also didn't mind the straining air of  blues clouding his numb heart. As he knelt to the soil floor, pressing his knees deep to the earth. His hollow eyes sunking in to the grave mark he made. 

The dull greys roaming high in the sky would accompanied him to mourn, the heaven would give pity to his loss, shedding its purer tears to the land, to him alone. 

Misfortune refuses to leave Daichi's side, it follows him through his childhood up to this day, to mock him and break his sanity's apart as his glazed eyes memorizing the makeshift memorial stones in his aching heart. 

He look as if he was in a hypnotic state, but within his mind and soul, a burning pit of denial is threatening to devour him alive amidst the guilt topping his broken purposehis failure to protect his eldest son. 

One reliable hand gives an affectionate pat on his youngest son's head, the surprise kid went to stare at the pair. His childlike curiosity imbued in his nature, to question things he couldn't understand.

The meaning behind his father's distraught face.

"What are the rocks for?" the child questions again. 

"It's like a good luck charm for the spirit to rest," Anna chimes with a gentle smile on her face, the gray shawl was wrapped around her head. 

"Where do they go to rest?" Sabito ruffles Ryuu's neat hair, making the child whine of his already tousled hair.