30 | •Epilogue•

❝ Every story has an end

❝ Every story has an end. But in life, every ending is just a new beginning.❞—Uptown Girls

"I want to protect you." Sabito's face bore in seriousness, his lavender eyes appears more brighter, filling with the purity of his feelings which made his eyes stand out to her.

What?

Anna was caught off guard, the words he uttered to her—felt like a declaration of his promise to be with her. And that sudden confession of his, turned the demon's heart into frenzy. Like her heart is threatening to jump out of her chest.

She wasn't deluding herself that Sabito was telling it to her. That this wasn't a dream that her mind is fantasizing about?

The ice user was going crazy, maybe he thought of her as just his faithful companion?

There's no need to assume that he would bestow his heart to her. After all, she is a demon and he is a human.

If this continues, she might've unable to restrain the greediness that attempts to come out of her.

She doesn't want to be too greedy.

Being greedy might turn her into a monster.

But...

What if she was wrong about him?

The bitterness soaring in her heart as the girl lowers her head, "I'm a demon, stop joking around." She rebuked, the shame hinted in her tone.

"I want to treasure you with my entire life."

Everything is drown in silence, the songs of the birds faded in her ears but his low voice contains the warm—feeding her the color of cherry blossoms into her tingling skin.

"I don't care if you're a demon." A large palm seized her small fist, the warmth of his, passing through her cold hand.

The familiarity of his touch burns her, the fox struggled to reply—it distracts her. His scent, his face and hands; every part of his made her feel that she is at home.

She can't.

What if this time she loses him because of her selfishness?