6 | •Turbid•

Previously on chapter 5

Anna stares at the human called Sabito who still smiles at her, kindly. A substantial mood overwhelmed her. This person will die in a few years. Yet, the fox counts this one as precious. A fox's precious. Sensing the turbulence arising within her emotions, Anna despairingly questions her fate.

What the heck, did she get herself for?

»»----------««

 ❝Our very survival depends on our ability to stay awake, to adjust to new ideas, to remain vigilant and to face the challenge of change

 Our very survival depends on our ability to stay awake, to adjust to new ideas, to remain vigilant and to face the challenge of change.– Martin Luther King Jr.

Noises from a door sliding went detected across the room. The fox sniffs a familiar scent of wisteria flowers, metal, and earthy herbs from the entrance door. Revealing a man with a tengu mask that highlights the shade of brilliant red and black. 

His distinctive hair undoubtedly possesses a grayish appearance which prompted Anna to believe this man was the former pillar that Natsuo mentioned about. She dared not to disparage the human's prowess.

The masked man dons a neutral scarf and a kimono detailing designs of sky blue with clouds. The confident gait of the man nearing the human she interacted with reckoned Anna to become wary of him. It daunts the fox when she stares at the man with a strong demeanor.

Leading Anna to view the former pillar in a similar way of the old red fox's presence the first time she met the old fox.

The tiny fox hisses at the pillar's presence. Her tails all puffed up as she growled with apprehension and alarm. Her senses went high upon the appearance of the man. Sabito, the named boy, attempts to soothe the little fox via comforting the fox with his words.

"Calm down. Urokodaki-san won't hurt you. You're safe here, " the lad beamed reassuringly at the fox. Anna quieted down a little jiffy, though she's yet wary of the man with a tengu mask.

" Sabito, you found a fox? "

The creature senses a cold shiver running down her spine while she sets a large gap from the tengu man. Precisely, concealing behind the back of Sabito. Discerning the fox's retreat, Sabito greets and bows at the guest who Anna deems to be a dangerous man with a formidable presence.

" Welcome back, shishou. Yes, I found a fox when I was training. It looked injured so, I thought I should tend to its injury since I have caused it. "