19|•querencia•

Previously on chapter 18

"I also want to thank you for being alive," the fox mumbles softly as she glances away from him. 
»»---------««

❝ I believe that all of our lives we're looking for home and if we're really lucky, we find it in someone's loving arms

❝ I believe that all of our lives we're looking for home and if we're really lucky, we find it in someone's loving arms. I think that's what life is-coming home.❞ – Anita Krizzan

Throughout the following days, the whole survival thing looks similar in her former predicament ( when she was wandering to survive, during which she left Ao's skulk.)

But the difference was, there were persistent demons that would likely charge at them. It was dreadful, the constant appearances of the creatures because of her presence.

Anna and Sabito would be on guard of their surroundings. To back each other if demons allegedly work in groups to target them.

There was no communication between them but relying on their instincts to support each other. ( Though the fox insists that she serves as a distraction to demons, the male would often refute her plan.)

Aside from beheading the hungry demons, they spend resting under the trunk of the tree — relieving from the stress and fatigue. 

C L A N G

A sibilant surge of the wind flopped the foliage, traveling across the dewy lawn until it dies down.  The forestry  was shaded and grim;  a fraction of  trees were veiled by mist, almost like a picturesque but hauntingly beautiful. 

The scintilla of pale purple was fixated on the jagged battered metal as the beacon from the moon flashes into it. The eyes didn't blink nor twitch in reflexes.

It was daunting beyond the soulful eyes that ascribe with puissance; in lieu, the vibrant lilac iris now shrouded with haze. 

Was it frustration? No.

It was something that he familiarly fathoms. FEEBLE. That feeling came to him when he fought head-on against the hand demon. The strength that he had constituted upon his years of training, and he proudly manifests.

It was not enough.

He grips his fist firmly, fingertips scarifying deep his skin, despite the raw agony piercing his skin.

The woe swells his heart, roaring and crushing his wounded pride 'til it sows a seed of doubts in his mind.

"You're mine!" a voice replays in his head.