24 |•Act of faith•

Previously on chapter 23

For better or worse, 'til death do part them,❜❜ and that's her unspoken vow to him.

»»---------««

❝Love and sacrifice are closely linked, like the sun and the light

Love and sacrifice are closely linked, like the sun and the light. We cannot love without suffering and we cannot suffer with love.❜❜ – Gianna bereta Molla

 ✤

There's a strange mist found lingering beneath one's pupils, it is like a spell that induces the figure to be in a trance-like state. Undoubtedly, making their eyes appear without a speck of warmth light. Just like an empty shell without a soul. Their eyelids fluttering similar to the wings of a butterfly, beauteous mauve eyes that resembles the colour of wisteria, dimmed softly.

Hereafter in the shadow of silence, the hazy fog dancing in their vision instantly faded as they blinked.

A sudden shock of stricken nerves spreads through his body as his anxious eyes fleeted across the room, hoping to find someone who crosses his mind.

Where

It is at that moment he realised the familiar presence of that person in his arms was gone, seemingly like a memory created by his dreams.

Gone.

Here in this unfamiliar room, the walls painted by gloom were looming all over him. A strip of bright light passes into the narrow opening of the wooden window; and the wandering light scattering around the pitch-black room, hitting the ceiling and the dorsal part of his hand.

"That stupid girl! How could she?" The figure's voice contains a word of disbelief with an angry tone.

When someone gets left behind, they're bound to feel the emotions of negativity; and abandonment. Apparently, he felt the anger overflowing within him like a bottle of glass that is brimming with loads of water.

For a short segment of time, he stops himself to punch the ground he's sitting on. Being blinded by anger won't let him solve the matter of issue for the best course of action he needed to do was to freaking calm himself.

"We'll be fine."