26 |• Butterfly effects•

Previously on chapter 25

"She's breathing!"

»»----------««

❝ If you don't sacrifice for what you want, what you want will become the sacrifice

If you don't sacrifice for what you want, what you want will become the sacrifice.❜❜

 ✤

"Why did you protect her?" Giyuu spoke in a neutral tone, his face neither bare a frayed of open disagreement.

Eyes of midnight blues were dead as hollow as the sea currents lost its gleam; those deep hues were like the beauty of the frothy blueberry waves that's blackened by the shadows of the past.

The snow breeze gently flurries, whistling its playful tune beyond the ominous silence lurking among the group of strangers.

Morning sunlight befalls in absence , but the spirit of winter darkened the days. The winter solstice staining the sky into the color of smoky grey as cold and as sad how it looks.

It ventures like the season of grief, the cruelty of winter tale brings prickling tears as each cherished memories become nothing more than a falling snow pearls from a silvery gray dawn.

Deep navy eyes staring in disinterest, not far off within his reach—was the young boy holding the newly turned demon in his arms.

The boy with messy, dark red hair instinctively tightens his arms around the demon as if he intended to protect it. His red wine eyes growing in alarm, "She is my sister."

Behind the boy's answer was filled with strong conviction.

The swordsman's gaze sharpened, his mind assessing the protective nature of the brother towards the demon who's aggressively clawing the air, to attempt her escape.

"Is that your sister?"

He understands the sentimental value of the boy's wordings.

The devotion to protect his last family member, to do whatever it takes to preserve him a peace of mind.

That knowing that he has a purpose left, to take responsibility of her corrupted existence.

His piercing blue eyes may intimidate him, but the boy shakily return his gaze. And it slightly shocked him, upon witnessing those rebellious russet eyes.