Sun And Moon

The drive back down to Harry's hometown Patrum took them barely around two hours. Liam had driven them down in a huge car he had lent again, one day before Harry's birthday. While the rest of their friends stayed in a hostel because they weren't keen on sleeping in one guest room with six people, at last, Louis and Harry stayed at Harry's family home. It should have felt weird to Louis to spend time with his soulmate's family for the first time in their house, but it didn't. He felt very comfortable around them.

"You're gonna love it, Darling. Louis and I planned every detail of your party. Tomorrow will be a blast" gushed Anne about the party. She was doing this the whole day over.

"You did this together?" blinked Harry at her. That Louis-part was new information to him.

"Yes, of course. I took over the food and your old friends and well, Louis did the rest. You will be speechless" Anne couldn't help herself.

"I am now" puffed Harry out hot-air and then turned his face around to Louis next to him, who had a sheepish smile on his face. "You helped her?".

"Surprise" grinned Louis and made some funny jazz hands.

"Louis" tried Harry to keep his smile in.

"I called her and asked if she needed help and then we just did everything together. It's your 18th birthday, Baby. Of course, I'm gonna do whatever I can" let Louis him know.

"You're amazing" sighed Harry out dreamily.

"You are more amazing" replied Louis fondly.

"I adore you" smiled Harry at him.

"I adore you more" shot Louis back just because he could.

"Not possible" shook Harry his head lovingly.

"Test me" poked Louis Harry's nose.

"Aww, you two are so cute" cooed Anne exaggeratingly at them, tearing them out of their bubble.

"Love, let them be. Come on. We should do the dishes" stood Roy up from the dining table.

"We can help" offered Louis him helpfully.

"No need, but thank you, Louis" declined Roy any kind of help.

"Let me admire them" whined Anne as she followed her husband into the kitchen.

"Give them a break, Love".

"Your parents are cute" commented Louis on the scene.

"And embarrassing" added Harry annoyed with them.

"They care for you and want you to be happy. Enjoy it, Baby. You can be lucky that your parents are still so in love with each other" said Louis and stood up from the table now too, Harry following him.

"Lou?" grabbed Harry his wrist to stop him from walking away.

"Sorry, Haz. Sometimes when I see them together I wish my mother would have been lucky enough to have found the one for her. You know, someone who stayed" admitted Louis sadly.

"I understand, Lou. Your mother is lovely, and she only deserves the best, but sadly this world didn't give it to her. I wish I could do something about it" traced Harry with his fingers over Louis' arm.

"Me too, but it's enough that we care and that we are there for her. She only needs us in her life. This includes you now, Sunshine" poked Louis Harry's left dimple.

"Stop. All those petnames make me blush" covered Harry his face with his hands.

"But they suit you and are an expression of my endearment with you" uncovered Louis Harry's face and interlaced their fingers.