Edward

Ignorantly, Alexa flopped down on Louis' lap as soon as he had sat down on Àmber's couch. She nudged his hand with her nose and Louis started to pet her with a shaking head but a smile on his lips.

"Your dog is one of a kind. Such an attention whore" said Louis with a chuckle when Àmber came into the room followed by Harry and Aria.

"I told you that before. She's the worst" laughed Àmber amused.

"No, she's the best. I'm gonna steal her from you" hugged Louis the dog.

"Wouldn't it have been smarter not to tell her beforehand?" smirked Aria at him.

"You're the devil in disguise. You spend too much time with your nasty girlfriend" huffed Louis jokingly.

"This can only come from a single person" shot Àmber back.

"Haz, help me" whined Louis like a child over dramatically.

"What am I supposed to do?" suppressed Harry his smile.

"Be on my side" gave Louis him the puppy eyes.

"Damn it, fine" gave Harry in and sat down next to Louis on the couch.

"That was easy" pointed Aria out.

"I have him wrapped around my little finger" grinned Louis sheepishly.

"Or something else" muttered Àmber under her breath, earning a slap from Aria.

"Louis" gave Harry him a stern look.

"I meant, Haz is just a nice and loyal person doing the right thing" corrected Louis himself.

"That's better" started Harry to pet Alexa on Louis' lap.

"Tell me again, who's the worst?" threw Aria Louis a look and he just warned her with her eyes.

"I'm gonna go and open the door" coughed Aria when the doorbell rang but the boys didn't pay her any attention.

"I don't even ask if you're gonna help me with the snacks" waved Àmber both boys off and disappeared into the kitchen.

"Naw, she's so cute with that little nose and those brown eyes. Adorable. The love of my life is Alexa" cooed Louis at the cute dog.

"Weren't you gay?" raised Harry an eyebrow at him.

"She's my exception. Just look at her. This girl owns my heart" sighed Louis out dramatically.

"Since when do you have a heart?" sounded Zayn's voice from behind the couch.

"How funny you are, Malik" snorted Louis without even looking at him.

"You're getting cosy already, huh?" referred Zayn to their close position on the couch with the dog now on top of both of them, making them be pressed together.

Louis immediately noticed that undertone in Zayn's voice. It was pure concern. Since he knew about the mark and he had told him about what had happened with Jacob and Harry, Zayn was even more protective than before. He was afraid Louis would get his heart broken by Harry.

"It's Alexa's fault" answered Louis childishly.

"The dog is not at fault for your laziness" noted Zayn and sat down next to Louis on the other side.

"You're good?" checked Louis, sensing something was off.

"Yeah. Just need a smoke later" replied Zayn, emphasizing the later. Louis got the hint.

"Thanks for your help, you three heroes" placed Àmber the bowls full of snacks on the table.

"Sorry, but your dog literally trapped me underneath her" pointed Harry at Alexa.