Family Christmas

Christmas carols were playing softly in the background while the four girls, Fizzy Lottie Daisy and Phoebe, were running around the house in huge fluffy Christmas sweaters and wholly socks. Louis was in the kitchen with his mother, preparing everything for their traditional baking session. His family had already baked lots of Christmas cookies beforehand, but they always came together on December the 23rd to bake some as a whole family even though Louis was shit at it and the younger twins were most likely to ruin everything anyway.

"Can you call in the girls, Darling?" asked his mother him.

"Sure thing" gave Louis her a thumbs up before he went into the living room that was attached to the open kitchen.

Fizzy and Lottie were watching some Christmas adverts on the TV and Phoebe and Daisy were playing with some dolls in front of the huge glass door to the back garden. For a short moment, Louis just watched them with a smile. He had missed this simple family life and seeing his sisters every day.

"Are you coming, my little flowers?" he called attention to himself.

Immediately, four heads shot up into his direction and the next second the younger twins Phoebe and Daisy dropped their dolls and ran over to Louis, who held his arms open for them and picked them up one after the other.

"Can I lick the spoon?" stuck Phoebe her bottom lip out, looking like a puppy.

"And me the bowl?" tugged Daisy on Louis' sleeve.

"Of course, but first we have to bake the cookies" carried Louis them into the kitchen. Sometimes he forgot that they were already eight years old.

"You mean we have to do it while you watch us" followed Fizzy him into the kitchen.

"I'm not just watching you" asserted Louis offended and sat the two girls back down.

"No, you're ruining the dough too" snickered Lottie.

"Maybe I didn't miss the two of you that much" grumbled Louis bitterly but jokingly.

"Can we do this for once without any of you teasing each other? Everyone does what they can do best" went Johanna in between her kids.

"What if someone can't do anything?" questioned Lottie with an evil smirk.

"I'm gonna poison your cookies" glared Louis at his oldest younger sister.

"For that, you have to bake them first" winked his sister at him.

"Enough now. Fiz, can you start with Daisy and Phoebe? We take the second one" addressed Johanna her other daughter, referring to one of the already prepared doughs lying on the counter.

Fizzy, Daisy and Phoebe took the one side of the counter and Johanna, Lottie and Louis the other half. His three sisters started off pretty good, but it ended in a sea of flour around them and on their faces. They even had some in their hair and they were laughing a lot, so Johanna just let them be.

On the other side, his mum and Lottie did a pretty good job with the dough while Louis was only able to knead it until it was firm but then he was very much out of talent. After a long time, he only had to cut out the cookies with the moulds and that was really the only thing he was good at. He simply wasn't made for the kitchen and Lottie let him feel that every so often much to Jay' dismay.

When the cookies were inside the oven the whole family went into the living room and started to decorate the waiting Christmas Tree. Louis had asked them why they hadn't done it already and they told them they wanted to wait until he was back home. So they had to do it now. Phoebe and Daisy decorated the lower parts while Lottie and Fizzy took over the upperparts and Louis and his mother fastened the fairy lights on the Christmas Tree. This was always a hell lot of work, but it brought them all together as a family and Louis loved it.