Crumbling Walls

With a whining Harry next to him, Louis made his way towards his destination. He had found out that Harry could be pretty impatient and wasn't the biggest fan of surprises because they could be shit. Until today Louis had thought he was the impatient surprise-hating one, but apparently, they were both the same in this way. Despite the whining, Louis didn't give in and kept the destination a secret. Inside he grew nervous though. Hopefully, Harry would like the surprise. It wasn't much of a surprise. Just something Louis had seen on accident and thought it would be perfect for Harry and he might like it. Fingers crossed that he was right this time.

"Louis, where are we going? Why can't you just tell me?" wailed Harry like a child.

"Because, young Harold, we're already here" stopped Louis, causing Harry to bump against his side.

A bit lost he looked up to see where they were. "The museum?" wondered Harry.

"Take a closer look, Haz," told Louis him, scared that he might did something wrong.

"A photography exhibition?" gasped Harry as he read the announcement.

"Was that a happy or an annoyed gasp?" tried Louis to cover his nerves up with a joke.

"That was an 'I can't believe you did that' gasp. How did you know I'd like that?" beamed Harry overjoyed.

"Intuition" grinned Louis sheepishly.

"You're the best" smiled Harry widely and dragged him into the building.

Inside the museum were many people scattered around. Partitions were decorated with big photography's of many different shapes and patterns, divided into different sections. Harry was looking around in awe and his eyes had a magic sparkle in them. While Harry examined every little detail and chatted with some other photography lovers, Louis just watched him. How his eyes lit up, how he smiled with his dimples on display, how happy he was. And Louis was more than happy that he was the cause of Harry's happiness today.

"You're enjoying yourself so far, Haz?" asked Louis when they stopped in front of a huge picture.

"Yes. This is marvellous. Look at this photograph. It's beautiful" marvelled Harry as he examined the image that was presented to him.

"Typical for you to like this one" rolled Louis his eyes fondly.

"It's simply perfect" stated Harry unbothered by Louis' comment. It was a picture of two people simply holding hands and walking into the sunset together. Simple but painfully beautiful.

For a few hours, the two boys enjoyed the exhibition in different ways, examining photography's and watching reactions. On their way back home they passed the little music shop and walked inside to get some music sheets Harry needed for his course. When Harry was talking to the owner of the shop, Louis strolled around a bit until he sat down at a piano. Absent-mindedly, he traced his fingers over the keys. He hadn't played in forever. Softly, he started to play a melody that came to his mind, thinking back about the day and Harry's happy face.

"You can play?" sat Harry down next to him, which caused Louis to stop playing.

"A bit" blushed Louis for no obvious reason.

"Can you play for me?" asked Harry him with a shy smile.

Louis turned his face back to the keys and started to play again. With Harry next to him the melody wrote itself and Louis got kinda lost in it. Lost in the music, he started to hum softly to the sound of the keys until words formed in his head and he whispered them out.

"Against all odds, I fell in love with you" sang Louis barely audibly.

He felt Harry's eyes on him and turned around to face him. Their eyes locked and for Louis, the time stopped. His hands stilled on the keys and he got lost in Harry's bright green eyes. For a second it seemed to Louis like Harry was feeling the magic between them. For a short second, he felt hope raise up inside of him.