Chapter 9

"Everyone get into comfy clothes and get whatever snacks you want for the kitchen"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I'm finally on summer break and my exams are done so thats GREAT ANYWAYS ENJOY THIS PHOTO:

"Everyone get into comfy clothes and get whatever snacks you want for the kitchen"~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N: I'm finally on summer break and my exams are done so thats GREAT ANYWAYS ENJOY THIS PHOTO:

I relate to this probably too much omg-
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anne and Kitty bounded to their room, bringing Veronica along with them.

"So, you can get changed in the bathroom, do you need pyjamas?" questions Kitty.

"Ah- no... I don't" Veronica realises.

"That's okay! I think I have some old pyjamas that'd fit you!" chimes in Anne.

Anne runs off to get Veronica the pyjamas, then they start to get changed.

————Timeskip to when they're changed————

The trio walks into the kitchen, and Anne and Kitty start grabbing snacks.

Anna is in the kitchen already, with all her snacks in her arms.

"Y'know you can get whatever you want, Ronnie" Anna tells Veronica.

"Oh! Really? Are y-you sure?" Veronica stutters a bit, and she mentally curses herself for it.

You see, her dad rarely let her have free reign in the kitchen, it was generally all the same small meals over and over again.

"Yeah, of course! Help yourself" Anna smiles, walking into the living room.

Veronica starts getting some snacks, while Anne starts reaching for a glass for her drink.

While taking it out, she accidentally knocks a glass over and it shatters on the floor.

Veronica starts getting flashbacks of what her dad done to her.

Her snacks drop out if her hands and her eyes glaze over. She stumbles to the ground, and wraps her hands around her knees, hyperventilating.

Kitty sees this, and stops helping Anne clean up, and runs to the living room to get someone.

Cathy is the first one to come, and she wraps Veronica into a hug to help calm her down.

Veronica flinches and tenses, but soon leans into Cathy's arms.

Cathy starts rubbing circles on her back while whispering comforting words to her.

Jane can't stand seeing Veronica like this, it breaks her heart. She feels anger towards Veronica's father for doing this to her.

Jane goes to approach Veronica and Cathy, but Cathy looks up at her and shakes her head, knowing that Veronica wouldn't do well with lots of people around her.

A few minutes later, Veronica has calmed down more.

"I- I'm sorry y-you had to s-see that..." she says, still sniffling from crying.

"It's alright, don't worry about it. Just know you can talk to us about anything, alright?" Catherine says.

Veronica nods, "C-can we uh- still watch that movie?"

"Of course!" Jane smiles.

Anne picks up Veronica's snacks, and brings them to the living room.

Veronica goes with Cathy to the living room, and sits down.

Cathy wraps a fleecy blanket around her, and gives her a little kiss on her forehead. (ALL PLATONIC YA NASTIES VERONICA IS A MINOR!)

Cathy then sits down next to her, while Catherine puts on a movie.

She ends up settling on 'Hamilton'. They all start eating, enjoying the film.

About halfway through the film, Cathy then feels a weight on her shoulder, and looks down to see that Veronica had fallen asleep, and had ended up leaning on her shoulder.

Jane notices this, and her eyes soften.

"Do you think she should stay in you and Anna's room?" Jane questions.

"Yeah, that'd be fine with me" Anna says, her eyes still looking at the film.

"I'll take her up now, can someone blow up the air mattress?" Cathy asks.

"I can do that!" Kitty smiles.

Kitty sets up the bed in the room, and Cathy carries Veronica up, placing her onto the mattress.

She puts a duvet over her, and Kitty and Cathy turn off the lights and go back downstairs.

"Uh Jane? I think she's little light for her age" Cathy tells Jane.

"Yeah. About that, if I go by what she's told me about her dad, she probably wasn't fed often" Jane says, with her eyebrows furrowed.

(Omg that was the 666th word- WHY AM I SEEING SO MANY ANGEL NUMBERS RECENTLY OML-)

"What happened with her dad?"

"I don't think that's my place to tell you, she'll tell you when she's ready, don't push it" Jane replies.

"Okay, fair enough. Now, lets finish that movie" Cathy smirks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not proofread (Honestly not surprising at this point LMAO)

A/N: Tysm all for almost 700 views! I honestly never thought that many people would see this book LMAO

Also, HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜💗🖤🤍🤎
I'm thinking of coming out as lesbian to my parents :) Ik they're accepting, but I'm still hella nervous, yk?

Anyways, remember you're loved, you deserve the world < 3

-Veronica 🌻