Chapter 7

"Oh.... well I kinda ran away....."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TW: TALKS OF ABUSE, MENTIONS OF A PARENT LEAVING

3rd Person POV

"What?!" Jane exlaims. "Why would you do that? Your dad must be worried sick about you!"

"Yeah, no. I can't go back" Veronica replies.

"Why, if you don't mind me asking? Has it got something to do with the bruise you have?" Jane questions, her tone softening a bit.

"I don't mind saying, I trust you. Basically, my dad wasn't always a bad person, he was actually a great dad. But about 5 or 6 years ago, my mom died . Since then, he has been drinking a lot, and taking out his anger on me, if you know what I mean."

Veronica can see sorrow, anger and pity in Jane's facial expressions.

"So I decided to run away, I had enough. Technically I'm old enough to get a job, so I can get money. I'm trying to save up enough to rent a small apartment, but for now I'm staying on the streets" Veronica explains.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry" Jane apologies.

"It's not your fault. I'm just glad I'm out of there" Veronica stated.

Jane wraps Veronica in a hug. Veronica tenses a bit, seeing as she is not that used to physical affection. She soon melts into the hug though, and she must admit that Jane gives great hugs.

"I couldn't live with myself if I made you sleep out here, how do you feel about staying at my house for a while? I do have 5 roommates, some of them are- well- energetic" Jane laughs.

"Are you sure? I don't want to bother you, I can find a hotel or-" Veronica starts.

"No! It's fine, don't worry about it! I'm sure my roommates will be thrilled to meet you!"

"Thank you so much Jane, this means the world to me"

"No problem, I'm just glad I could help" Jane smiles.

Jane and Veronica start the walk back to Jane's house. After 10 or so minutes, they finally reach the house.

Veronica looks at the house in awe, then turns to Jane.

"Woah, your house is huge! It's so pretty!"

"It took a while to save for, but it was worth every penny. Now, what are we waiting for? Let's go in and I'll introduce you to everyone!"

Jane unlocks the front door, and opens it to reveal a beautifully decorated hallway.

"Girls, I'm home!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not proofread
A/N: First chapter in a while! :D I have been feeling pretty motivated lately, so the next chapter should be out soon! Also, thank you so much for 300 reads, that is like, 100 times more reads than I thought I'd get lmao 💙

-Veronica 🌻