❧twenty

Shanks POV

Kami has seemed depressed since the war ended, oddly, we couldn't find Hikari's body after I ended the war. We recently got a letter from her crew, and are currently on our way to one of Kami's islands under her protection.

-Time Skip-

We board Tsubaki, Kami goes to her crew, Kaede nods at Etsu. "She's here Sage!" Etsu calls, their doctor walks out with someone by her, I stare at the second person. "I-Is it really her? M-my little light?" Kami asks, I look at her, she was crying.

"Yeah, that's Hikari." Haia says, Kami gets up, and walks up to Hikari. "How are you back?" She asks, huh, same thing I was wondering. "Sage brought her back, it was on my orders." Etsu says, I look at her in confusion.

"We knew how bad loosing your daughter would affect you, Captain." Sage says, I blink, "DAUGHTER?!" I exclaim. Kami just looks to the side, Hikari looks at me, I notice the color of her eyes.

It was the same color as my hair, I stand up, and walk over to her. She looks just like Kami did when she was 22, but her eyes, I stare at her. I think back to the last time I slept with Kami, I remember the time when we were 22.

"Wait, how old are you?" I ask, "I'm 22." Hikari answers, I blink. "Your my daughter?" I ask, she nods, I look at Kami for confirmation. Kami nods, that explains why I always had a protectiveness of her.

"Why did you never tell me Kami?" I ask the woman I've loved since I was a kid, Kami glares at me, "Incase you forgot, you left me alone after that night! Was I just a one night stand for you?!" Kami snaps.

"No." I say, "God dammit Shanks, then why did you just abandon me?! You told me you loved me!" Kami exclaims.

Hikari POV

I sneak over to Etsu and Benn, "To be honest, I had a feeling that you were Captain's daughter. It was the color of your eyes." Benn says, "Should we interrupt?" I ask. "No. It's just a lovers quarrel." Etsu says, Benn nods.

"I tried to find you after I found about Hikari, but you practically disappeared off the face of the bloody planet!" Megami exclaims, "Captain created tombs for you and Whitebeard, what do you think we should do about it?" Benn asks me.

I bite my lip, I might regret this later, "Let the world think I'm dead, it would be bad if the Navy were like 'She's back from death to kill us!'" I say. "How did she end up on Dawn Island?" Shanks asks.

"I didn't want Hikari to grow up in the life of a pirate, and the navy knows that I'm the younger sister to Roger-nii, you heard what they did to find Ace. The navy wants to destroy Nii-san's bloodline, including Hikari and I. I couldn't let that happen to my baby girl. I knew that Nii-san trusted Garp, so I gave her up to him to protect. I stayed away from my little girl cause I knew that if the navy knew she was my daughter, and thus the niece to the Pirate King, they would kill her." Kami explains.

Shanks POV

I bring Kami into a hug with my remaining arm, I can feel her freeze, she turns around after a moment. She was crying, I let her hug me, I bury my face in her hair. I missed my Kami...

-Time Skip-

"That Luffy kid, I can see why you gave him the straw hat." Kami says, I look at her with a smile, "I saw Nii-san in him." Kami then adds. "Out of the rookies, he's probably the most likely to become Pirate King." I say.

Kami chuckles, "I can't argue with that." She says.