❧fifteen

Kami POV

I watch in horror as Akainu takes his fist out of my little girl, and Lily falls to her knees, I can't loose my baby girl.

Lily POV

Hikari coughs up blood, Mom died just like this, I stare in shock at my older sister.

3rd Person POV

Ace and Luffy catch their older sister, and her head rests between their shoulders, both of the boys raise their hands up to see their older sister's blood on it. Lily was on her knees in shock, along with Kami.

"A-Are you g-guys okay?" Hikari asks, "Yeah.." They say, Ace and Luffy hear their older sister let out a pained chuckle. "I-I'm sorry Luffy, Lily, A-Ace..." Hikari says with a pained grin, Luffy's tears start to flow.

Ace starts to tear up, Hikari lets out a pained laugh, "I-It's funny, I couldn't protect you guys." She says. "W-What are you talking about?! You did protect us!" Ace exclaims, Kami was just staring at her dying daughter.

Etsu shoots one of the marines going after her captain, Etsu then looks at her captain, she follows her captain's line of sight. Etsu's eyes widen at Hikari's state, and also quickly knowing how bad it would affect her captain.

Luffy then calls for a doctor, "I-It's n-not worth it. I can f-feel my insides burning, I won't be alive much longer." Hikari says, Ace's tears than start to fall. "B-But 'Kari! You said you wouldn't die! Y-You p-promised me!" Luffy exclaims.

Akane, who was currently fighting Kizaru, looks over at the scene. All the main members of the Megami Pirates stare at their captains daughter, Sage behind one of the ones most affected, she helped deliver the girl that was currently dying.

"I-I'm sorry I couldn't k-keep the promise." Hikari says, as tears prick in her eyes, Garp who had sat up from where he was hit by Luffy, stares at the dying woman he thought of as his granddaughter.

-Flashback

"Gramps, is it good that I'm alive?" A young Hikari asks, "Of course! Why would you think that?!" Garp exclaims, "It's just that my parents left me with you, was it cause I was a mistake? Was I never meant to be born?" Hikari says

Garp stares at the young girl, he knew that Kami had given her up to him to protect Hikari from the marines who would eventually come to know that Kami was the younger sister to the Pirate King, and thus wanting to destroy his bloodline. He also knew that Kami didn't want Hikari to grow up in the life of a pirate.

He didn't think that the lengths that Kami went to protect her precious daughter, would cause her daughter to think that she was a mistake.

-Flashback ends

Garp then gets up, and starts to walk towards Akainu in anger and grief, blocking out everything. It was until Sengoku pinned him down, then he looked up at his dying adoptive granddaughter, "Keep holding me down Sengoku! If you don't, I will kill Sakazuki!" He exclaims.

"Y-You guys and S-Sabo were the first people that made me feel wanted." Hikari says, sensing that she was getting close to the end, "G-Give Dadan my regards, and tell her I'm so sorry!" She says feeling some tears start to flow.

Yara lands by Etsu and Kami, and stares at her master and friend in horror and sadness, "A-Ace, don't do anything stupid after I-I'm gone. Protect Luffy, Lily, and yourself! L-Luffy, I'm so sorry that I broke the promise, and couldn't see you become the Pirate King." Hikari chokes out.

"G-Goodbye my little siblings, and thank you for l-loving a mistake like me...!" Hikari says, her tears now evident, she also had an almost loving smile on her face. She then closes her eyes, and the grip she had on her brothers loosened, before falling on the ground.

Hikari's vivre card now fully gone, "Hikari...?" Luffy asks quietly, he gets no response. He starts to tear up, Kami stares at her daughter, she had a smile on her face, just like her uncle.