ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ ᔕI᙭TEEᑎ

"Diego," you smiled, watching as Diego sat up carefully.

"Good, you're up," Five said. "Ready for a drink now?"

Diego rushed to his feet before looking around. "Where is he?" he asked.

"I let him go," Five stated simply.

"What?" Diego questioned.

"Now that the apocalypse is over, it's time for the fighting to stop," Five stated. Diego glared at his brother before grabbing his knife and going to walk away. "Hey, he didn't kill Patch."

"His partner did," you added.

"Cha-Cha," Five said.

"So what?" Diego exclaimed. "they were both there that night."

"This half of the partnership gave me both of their guns," Five defended.

"Which should clear you, because the ballistics will match Patch's crime scene," you added, motioning to the gun. Five glanced at you, a bit surprised. You shrugged at him with a small smirk, although you yourself were a bit confused about how you would know that. "Hazel came here looking for a way out," you continued as Diego approached the guns.

"He wanted a fresh start," Five stated. "And he happened to have in his possession the one thing that could do our family a little good."

"It's time to move on, Diego," you said softly.

"Not a chance," Diego said quietly.

You sighed and Five pursed his lips before nodding.

"Suit yourself," he said before getting up. He grabbed your hand and helped you up as well. "I am curious," Five said. "Your girlfriend, Patch. What did you like about her?" Five slipped his arm around your waist.

"A lot of things," Diego said. "Cute butt. Nice legs."

"Anything a little more profound than that?" Five scoffed.

You rolled your eyes. "You know girls have other things, right?"

"She believed in people," Diego answered after a moment of silence. "No matter how much shit and filth she saw on the streets." You frowned sadly. "She always saw the good inside."

"Well, I'm sure she'll be proud to know that you're killing Hazel and Cha-Cha as a way to honor her memory," Five said.

"You'd do the same," Diego said, glancing at you.

Five sighed before walking away, pulling you with him. Suddenly, you felt everything go dark.

***

An older you paced back and forth furiously. You were in a small motel room with one bed. You stopped pacing, noticing the motel's door open.

"Y/N, Dove, are you alright?" an elderly Five asked, rushing to your side.

"Why do we keep doing this?" you asked, as Five gripped your hands gently. "We are going everywhere. W-why?"

"It's my job, remember?" Five said, leading you to sit on the bed.

"That's what you always say," you said. "But what is it? All I know that some strange lady offered you the job while we were in the apocalypse and now we suddenly go from timeline to timeline."

"I can't tell you," Five said, kissing your hands. "You have to trust me, Dove."

You let out a breath, shaking your head. "I do trust you," you said. "But I need to know more. It's our life."