ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ EIGᕼT

"Luther, calm down," you said as Luther threw things off his father's shelves.

"Everything, alright, Master Luther?" Pogo asked, walking into the room.

"Where are they?" Luther exclaimed. "The boxes, the reports, the samples? All the correspondence I sent from the Moon?" You looked up at Luther sadly. You knew where this was going.

"I, uh... I'm not sure," Pogo said. "Your father was a very private person-"

"Stop it, Pogo!" Luther yelled. "You know everything our dad did." Pogo looked to the ground sadly before pointing his cane at a stack of files Luther had previously thrown to the ground. "What?" Luther said softly before approaching the papers. He then kicked them to the side. "Clever old man," he mumbled, opening a small trap door. You jumped up and looked over Luther's shoulder curiously.

You watched as Luther pulled out bags. He ripped one open, looking at its contents. You sighed, placing a small hand on his shoulder. "Oh, Luther-"

"He never even looked at them," Luther said like a child who missed Christmas. He put the bag down. "Why not?" He looked up at Pogo angrily. "Why not!" he yelled.

"Your father was many things," Pogo said. "Forthright was not one of them. After your accident, he wanted to give you purpose, Master Luther. He felt that this was the only way."

"What? Shanghaiing me on the Moon for four years?" Luther cried, looking heartbroken. "I wasn't a good enough Number One? That's what it was? I couldn't cut it! So he sent me away!"

You resisted the urge to roll your eyes. You plopped onto the couch.

"No, no, that's not-"

"Pogo..." Luther said, tears forming in his eyes. "Please leave me alone."

"Master-"

"Now, please!" Luther yelled. "Get out!"

You bit your lip as Luther cried silently. You got up and stood next to Pogo. "Come now," Pogo said quietly, placing a hand on your back. "Let us leave him be." You turned your head, watching in pity as Luther let out his tears.

***

"Klaus?" you said, seeing Klaus all tied up. "Diego!" You exclaimed rushing into the room. "What the hell is going on here!"

"He told me to!" Diego defended. "He just wants to get sober."

"Really?" you asked. "By... getting tied up?"

"By having it taken away from me," Klaus said.

"Anyway, as I was saying before Tiny came in-" Diego said, looking at you. "What was her name?"

"The one you lost?" you asked, sitting on the wooden floor.

"His name was Dave," Klaus sighed softly. "We soldiered together in the A Shau Valley in the Mountain of the Crouching Beast."

Diego looked up at Klaus. "Well, Dave must have been a very special person, to put up with your weird-ass shit."

Klaus snorted as you laughed lightly. "Yeah," Klaus chuckled. "Yeah, he was... he was kind and strong and vulnerable, and..." You smiled gently seeing Klaus's happy and dazed look. "Beautiful. Beautiful and I was... foolish enough to follow him all the way to the front line." I crossed your arms and placed them on Klaus's knee, resting your chin on top of your forearm.

"You fought in the shit?" Diego asked.

"Oh yeah, baby," Klaus said.

"How'd they let you do that?" Diego questioned.