ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ ᑎIᑎE

"Diego! Slow down!" you exclaimed, rushing down the stairs, following Diego. "You shouldn't have just-" You ran into Diego's back, making you stumble a bit. "Diego what-?"

Diego raised his hand in a shushing motion before walking backward and into the sitting room. You furrowed your brows before following him. Once inside, you saw a pretty looking woman with blonde hair that was curled perfectly and smooth pale skin. She wore a pink skirt with a white blouse and pink shoes to match her skirt.

"Mom?" Diego said, making the woman look at him.

"Oh!" the woman or "Mom," said, walking toward Diego. "Hello, Diego, dear."

"How are you...?" Diego glanced at the woman's forearm. "Walking around?" He gripped her wrist and examined the stitching that had been done on Mom's forearm. You blinked, staring at the wound.

"One foot in front of the other," Mom answered with a chuckle. "Why? How do you do it?"

"Mom, I..." Diego began. He hesitated before looking her in the eye. "What's the last thing you remember?"

"Oh, let's see," Mom glanced up, thinking. "March 21st. Sunset was 7:33 p.m. Moon was waxing crescent. Dinner was Cornish hen, rice, carrots-"

"Mom, that happened over a week ago," Diego said, making you look up at him.

"What?" you said. "Oh my goodness, ma'am, are you ok?" Mom opened her mouth to answer you but Diego interrupted.

"Do you remember anything else?"

You noticed Mom hesitate and glance behind Diego. "No," she answered. "I suppose that's odd." Diego stared at Mom in concern. "I wonder what the weather is like today. It would be nice to go to the park."

"Dad never let you off ground," Diego said quietly. Mom chuckled before gripping Diego's hand.

"Your father isn't here anymore," she said.

"You can do whatever you want, Mom," Diego stated with a small smile. Mom smiled back before walking past Diego and you and into the hall.

"What is she?" you asked as soon as she disappeared out the door.

"My mom," Diego answered.

"I understand that," you said, rolling your eyes. "But like, she's not human, is she?"

"No," Diego answered. "She's a robot our father built to take care of us. To give us a mother. But she's more than just a robot. She's-"

"She's your mother," you finished. Diego nodded. "I get it."

"I'm surprised Five didn't tell you about her with your time together," Diego said.

"He may have," you said, shaking your head. "I don't remember much."

"How does that even work?" Diego questioned.

"I honestly have no idea," you sighed, pinching the bridge of your nose. "I think when Five killed- when I died, my essence or soul traveled into my younger body."

"I don't get it," Diego said. "Sorry."

"Don't apologize," you chuckled. "It doesn't make sense. I mean, why would that happen?"

"I'm really not the right person to talk to about this," Diego chuckled.

"Yeah, well the only right person to talk to about this left me for the commission," you said bitterly. "So I guess I'm stuck with you." You smiled teasingly. Diego frowned. "But, I understand that you may want to go walk with Mom," you added. "Go." Diego smiled gratefully before rushing after Mom, leaving you alone in the sitting room.