ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ ᖴIᐯE

You followed Five around the large Hargreeve's house until he stopped suddenly, making you slam into his back. You glared at him but he ignored you. He stared into a room.

You looked over his shoulder to see Klaus.

"Look," Five mumbled, staring at the ground. There were watery footprints lead from Klaus's room to the bathroom. Your eyes widened when you also noticed blood within the water and around the rim of the bathtub.

You heard Klaus groan before pushing past Five and into Klaus's bedroom. You knocked at the open door, Five standing behind you.

"You ok?" Five asked, seeming genuinely concerned.

Klaus turned to the both of you. "Yeah, just... long night," he said weakly. You noticed cuts and other fresh wounds over his chest and back.

"More than one from the looks of it," Five stated.

"Yeah," Klaus said absently.

"I don't remember the dog tags," Five commented. You looked closer and noticed that Klaus indeed wore two dog tags around his neck.

"Yeah, they belong to a friend," Klaus said weakly as he tugged on a shirt.

"You lost someone," you stated softly. Klaus looked at you sadly, but Five ignored your comment.

"How about that new tattoo?" Five questioned.

"Ya know, I don't even remember getting it," Klaus sighed. "Like I said, it was a long night." Klaus waved his hand absently.

"You did it didn't you?" Five said, walking into the room.

"What are you talking about?" Klaus scoffed.

"You know, I can recognize the symptoms, Klaus," Five said as Klaus sat down. You rushed next to him, figuring he needed someone other than his cynical brother at the moment.

"Symptoms of what?" Klaus asked.

"Jet lag," Five began. "Full body ich." Klaus placed his hands over his face. You rubbed his back soothingly. "Headache that feels like someone shoved a box of cotton up into your nose and through your brain." Klaus looked up, dragging his hands over his face. "You gonna tell me about it?"

"Your pals, when they broke into the house and they couldn't find you, they took me hostage instead," Klaus said, staring at Five. You glanced at Five with a worried expression.

"And in return, you stole their briefcase," Five said, cracking a smile.

"Yeah," Klaus nodded. Five began to pace slightly. "I thought there was money in it or I could pawn it, you know, whatever." Klaus sighed and looked at your shoe. "And then I opened it."

"And the next thing you knew, you were... where?" Five questioned, looking at Klaus again. "Or should I say when?"

"What difference does it make?" Klaus scoffed.

"What diff- eh-" Five stuttered, shocked. "Okay, how long were you gone?"

"Almost a year," Klaus breathed out, shaking his head gently. You place a hand on his shoulder.

"A year?" Five breathed out. He looked at you, seemly appalled. "Do you know what this means?"

"Yeah, I'm ten months older now," Klaus joked. You chuckled gently, making Klaus smile at you weakly.

"No, this isn't any sort of joke, Klaus," Five stated sternly. "Hazel and Cha-Cha will do whatever they can to get the briefcase." Five looked around. "Where is it now?"