ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ EᒪEᐯEᑎ

You got out of the car with Allison, Diego, and Five, staring at th small, quaint home in front of you.

"Be careful, okay?" Allison said as Diego approached the house. "We don't know what Peabody's capable of."

"Yeah, he didn't seem dangerous when I first saw him," Diego said dismissively. "Looked kinda scrawny."

"Yeah, well so are most serial killers and mass murders," you said, feeling Five grab your hand.

"I mean, look at him," Allison said, motioning to Five.

"Thanks," Five said.

"Good point," Diego admitted. "So what's this guy want with Vanya?"

"I don't know," Five said. "How about we ask him after we kill him?"

"Whoa, whoa," Diego said, stopping in front of the door. "Look, I'm gonna burst through-" Diego stopped and looked around, noticing the fact that Allison was gone. "You know what? It would be nice for people to just stick to-" Diego was interrupted by Five jumping both you and him away.

"That was rude," you said, letting go of Five's hand and looking around.

Suddenly, you heard glass shatter, and Diego groan. You, Five, and Allison approached the door, seeing Diego lying on the ground.

"Subtle," Allison said.

"You know the door was unlocked," Five said, opening the door with ease, making you chuckle.

"Yeah, well my way works just fine," Diego said, getting up. "Spread out. Yell if you, uh... ya know, you're in trouble." You chuckled gently as Diego limped away.

"Ah, inspiring leadership," Five said sarcastically.

"One of the greats," Allison added.

"Y/N, come with me," Five said, walking into the living room. You both began picking up books and papers until you heard Allison.

"Guys, you might want to come and see this!" You all rushed upstairs, in the direction of her voice. You found the latter to the attic down. Five space jumped into the attic as you and Diego climbed the ladder. You found Allison staring at something like a shrine of the Umbrella Academy. Pictures were plastered to the wall and figurines, were placed on the desk, but-

"All our faces are burnt off," Allison said.

"Well, that's not creepy," Diego said sarcastically. "This guy has got some serious issues."

"Shit," Five and Diego said at the same time.

"This was never about Vanya," you stated softly. You heard Five gasp and begin to sway.

"This was about us," Allison said, looking at Diego.

That's when Five fell. "Five," you said, kneeling down next to him. You placed his head in your lap as Allison and Diego knelt by him.

"Wh-"

"Blood," you said, swiping some of Five's hair from his face. Allison looked at you before lifting Five's shirt to show a bullet wound.

"Jesus Five," Diego said. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"You have to keep going," Five said weakly. "So... close." Five's eyes closed and you felt panic rise in your chest.

"Five," Allison said. "Five!" She gently shook him.

"He lost a lot of blood," you said, your voice shaking. "H-he needs medical attention." You laced your fingers through his limp hand.

**Time Skip Brought to you by Hazel and Agnes**

"Shouldn't we take him to a hospital or something you said, walking into the Umbrella Academy, next to Diego and Allison, who held a still bleeding Five.

"A kid with a shrapnel wound might raise some questions," Five said weakly.

"Yeah, well, so does the murder shrine in Harold Jenkins' attic," Allison argued as she and Diego placed Five on the couch. You stood a bit away, letting out a wince as Five groaned.

"He's still losing a lot of blood," you stated.

"What do we do?" Allison asked.

"We gotta get the shrapnel out," Diego said.

Allison nodded before kneeling next to Five. "Y/N, can you help distract him?" she asked.

"Y-yeah," you said before walking to the arm of the couch that Five had his head leaned on. You looked down at his pain-filled and tired face.

"Diego where are you going?" Allison asked, making you look up. You noticed Diego walking towards the main hall. "Y/N, please talk to him."

You nodded before kneeling near the couch and placing both hands on either side of Five's face. "Hey, hey," you said, swiping your thumb over his cheek.

"Hi," Five said weakly.

"I gotta distract you," you said softly. Five pried his eyes open to look at you. "Um, tell me some stories. O-of our future."

"Our future," Five mumbled before his eyes closed again.

"Mom," Allison said, making you look up, only to see a blonde woman.

"She can help," Diego told you, making you stand up.

***

You stared at Five's sleeping face as Mom treated his wound.

"Anything?" you heard Diego ask.

"There's no answer at Vanya's place," Allison sighed. "And the receptionist at her music school said she was a no show during her lesson today."

You noticed Diego and Allison walk away from the door.

You grabbed Five's hand gently.

"He will be alright," Mom said, making you look up.

"Thank you," you said.

"Your welcome, dear," Mom said, giving you a motherly smile. You felt your heart warm at the mother-like care she was showing.

"So, Mr.Hargreeves built you?" you asked.

"Yes, he built me like a mother figure for the children, although I believe I have grown quite attached to them," Mom said, placing another bandage on Five's stomach.

"That's amazing," you said. "So, you raised Five?"

"I was there as he grew up," Mom agreed. "Well, most of the time he grew up."

"Right," you said softly. "Was he always, like he is?"

"What do you mean, dear?" Mom asked.

"I mean, cocky, sarcastic, full of himself, smart, kind-" you stopped yourself, blushing at your words.

"He was always an independent young man," Mom said. "And he always cared for his siblings, especially Vanya."

"Of course," you chuckled.

"I'll be right back, dear," Mom said, before getting up and leaving the small room.

"Please be ok," you whispered, kissing the back of Five's hand gently.

ᑭᒪEᗩᔕE ᐯOTE, ᔕᕼᗩᖇE ᗩᑎᗪ ᑕOᗰᗰEᑎT :) <3