chapter 18 +(10k special)

A/n: so im kinda having inspiration issues...maybe bc its so fucking warm outside🤔 Anyway i wanted to say thanks for 10k reads, its really unbelievable to me. Also i published 2 other (haikyuu) fics, cause why not i mean itsnotlikeimhavinginspirationissuesrightnowanyway. Also i was thinking of publishing a they/them version of this fanfic for ppl that prefer those pronouns, would that be a good idea? Go enjoy the chapter now😃.

"You know y/n... You still owe me a hug" i rolled my eyes, but hugged him anyway. He wrapped his arms around me tightly.

"Gojo"

"Yes?"

"can you let me breathe a little?" he realized he was sqeezing the life out of me and loosened the hug.

Since life doesn't like working with me, my dumbass fell asleep in his arms. Gojo, however, didn't mind and found it quite adorable that his student felt save and comfortable enough around him to fall asleep in his arms. Even if she was older and wiser than the rest. Gojo leaned his back against his bed, deciding to just let her stay like that for just a little longer. He was going to put her in her bed later, exept... Gojo being a dumbass as well... He fell asleep too.

--- y/n's dream that night (aka the special🤝😃) ---

I was walking through an unfamiliar, very fancy looking hall when a woman approached me. She looked like she was in a hurry and told me to come with her, fast.

"You need to get back to your post as soon as you can, we heared they might be here tonight. You have to be around to protect lord- " she got cut off by some guy asking if any more guards were needed at the front entrance. I also figured out that some kind of important event would be going on this evening, and that i, in fact, was in a castle at this very moment. And i was one of the guards. The lady turned back to me.

"You need to stay close to the lord at all times, just make sure people don't notice you're a guard. Here, put this on" she handed me a dress, it was light green and absolutely gorgeous. I put it on as quickly as possible. And then the lady brought me to a door, and knocked on it saying: "my lord, your guard in disguise has arrived"

The door then opened, and to my surprise Megumi was standing right infront of me.

"M-megumi what are you-" he raised his eyebrow. "Oh the lord is actually in the room next to this one" the lady apologized to him and we went over to the next room, were she repeated the firstfew steps. Knocking, telling that 'lord' guy that his guard arrived and then the opening of a door. And again surprising me. Actually, this time i was more surprised than the previous time. I saw gojo, standing there in the door opening, he was wearing formal pants, shoes, his shirt was open and his tie was hanging around his neck.

"Oh come in y/n, i have almost finished changing. Perhaps you could help me out" me and gojo walked back inside the room, the lady left after telling me one more time to watch my behavior and watch out for any treats against the lord. Gojo started buttoning his shirt, but seemed to struggle with his tie.

"Want me to help you with your tie?" Gojo nodded and i walked up to him, and did his tie for him. He puts on the rest of his outfit and walks to the door.

"Shall we go?"

"Yes, lets go. Be careful tonight though"

"Don't worry, im a lord for a reason. If i weren't strong i wouldn't have been here today"

I opened the door and i went into this big ballroom. It was gorgeous, straight out of a fairytale. And there were so many people, all dressed up. When i was with the lady i overheared that a few more guards were also placed undercover. I really couldn't tell which they were though. Everyone turned their heads to look at gojo when he walked in not too long after me. He gave a small welcoming speech and then went into the crowd, conversing with people while i tried my best to stay close to him undetected by others. I then noticed a small sparkle of light in the corner of my eye and i looked at were it came from, in a non-obvious way. And there i saw it. Immediatly i sprinted toward gojo, while doing so i heared a gunshot. Obviously aimed at him. At this point i just hoped i made it in time.