"Blooper" Reel

When I was rewriting and editing Good Grief, I left myself some hilarious notes in the margins, and decided I needed to make a bonus chapter out of them. I'm finally putting Admit Defeat up, so I thought it was a good excuse to publish this. Enjoy!

Draft Three notes: 

My draft: They have numbers, more memories than me, and the high ground. 

Me:

My draft: This time I hit the ground...

Me: *slaps it like a bongo drum* 

My draft: "Stand down, Gally!" the blond boy roars.

Me: 

My draft: "She was trying to run!" Gally protests.

Me:  *trying to pretend I didn't refer to Gally as "my mans" the entire time we were watching the movie the other night* :))

My draft: I watch him go, my mind spinning. 

Me: GO AND LOOK IT UP, THE POOR GuYS heAD IS SPINNING 

(musical fans where ya attttt~)

My draft: A young boy with curly hair and a cheerful, round face runs up to us.

Me: Oh, hey there, Charlie Brown. XD

My draft:  ...it is not my nature to plead.

Me: Ash 2.0: Beowulf Edition

My draft: I stare into Newt's green eyes, but he doesn't flinch at my super intimidating grumpiness >:(

(This was me making fun of the scene I was trying to write while I was writing it)

My draft:  feeling the adrenaline hit me like a truck.

Me: ~squish~

Me later: CICERO 

(Musical fans againnn)

My draft: I smirk and – somewhat gently – kick Thomas under the ribs instead. He's my only friend...

Me: Ash: frend :) Ash: *kicks him* :)))

My draft: The Griever sucks its metal appendages into its body...