ᴘᴀʀᴛ 58

Sorry I didn't update. I think I'm only going to update once a week (on tuesdays) until I finish writing the story that way I'm always caught up.

Enjoy and don't forget to vote :)

**********

Y/N Y/L/N

You clean up your things, packing up your books, and slipping them in your bookbag. Transfiguration was an easy class. Well, no, it just normally didn't require partners. This year, most of the work you'd done was bookwork versus using your wands. You thought this decision was stupid, but you did only use wands in charms.

You're one of the last people to pack up, and you sigh as you leave the class. It was your last class for the day, and you were dreading the night. Tonight was the last night you had to walk with Draco. But it seemed each time you met up, everything got worse.

After turning down whatever he had offered last time, you were afraid to meet him again. One of two things would go down. Either he'd ignore you completely, or lash out at you. Both seemed equally dire.

As you walk down the crowded corridors, your shoulder bumps into somebody else's. When you stop to see who you've hit, Ginny turns to face you. Her eyes flicker before she begins to whirl around.

You hadn't spoken to Ginny ever since the night of the sword. You hadn't seen her around, and you had no excuse to talk to her.

You wanted to meet up with her to make sure that there was nothing between the two of you, but as time passed, it slowly left your mind.

"Ginny-" you start before she takes a step back as if she were in a rush to get away.

"I- I- I can't- I can't talk to you right now," she swallows, her eyes flickering around the corridors like she was looking for somebody or looking for a quick exit.

"What? Why?" You furrow your brow, blinking confoundedly at Ginny.

"I'm sorry I just- I just can't-"

"Ginny, why can't you talk to me?" You ask slower this time, not letting her leave without a proper answer.

For the more split second, her eyes flicker behind you, and when you look over your shoulder to see what she looks at, you see a Draco walking through the corridors.

He walks alone and slowly. His head-boy badge glitters with the sun that comes in through the archways.

The longer you stare confused at Ginny, the more everything begins to make sense. You had most unfortunately been at the wrong place and wrong time, Draco as well. Ginny was under the impression you had told him, which if she really knew what was happening between the two of you, you definitely hadn't.

Ginny's expression hardens as she knows that you've figured out what she's thinking. Your suspicion is assured when the side of her lip twitches, and she grips her books a little too tight.

"You don't actually think-"

"What else do I have to believe?" She interrupts, afterward taking a deep breath.

"The truth, what I'm telling you," you argue, feeling a sting knowing that Ginny doesn't believe you. "I don't even date Draco anymore. I haven't been lying to you to Ginny. I'm telling the truth."

"The truth?" Ginny almost scoffs, her red ginger hair being brushed by the light breeze. "We both know that's not enough, not now," she stops for a moment, and a face of betrayal washes over her face before it switches back to normal. "I trusted you Y/N, I thought- I thought you'd know what the right thing is to do."