ᴘᴀʀᴛ 42

Hello all.

Please vote.

That is all.

**********

Draco Malfoy

As I balance on the railing, the breeze hits against my face, blowing my hair back. I lean my shoulder against the wall and being shifting my weight away.

It's only one step.

One step.

One step.

One-

"DRACO!"

Y/N Y/L/N

Dragging Draco to the ground, the two of you topple onto the hard cold stone floor. Your body slams down, and you lose grip of your present, watching it titter a few feet away from you. Half of Draco's ends up on top of you, and you suffocate under his weight.

You slide out from underneath him and pull him up. You look up, studying his eyes before wrapping your arms around his waist and keeping him close. Your face hits his chest. You feel the beat of his heart matching with yours.

Draco, startled, stumbles backward, his arms lie straight at his sides. It takes a moment before you feel his hands travel to your lower back. He lets his chin drop on your shoulder, and you jolt, just slightly, from the unexpected weight.

You feel his tenseness wane, muscles relaxing in your arms, though he just barely trembles.

"Y/N?" Draco asks, his voice is small and hesitant.

"Yes?" You press your lips together while looking up at Draco.

"You were right," he gasps. You can feel your shoulder dampening. "I need your help."

"I'll help you, Draco,"

"We have twenty-five days," he chokes as the numbers leave his lips.

"We'll do it. Now there's two of us," you assure, hugging Draco slightly tighter.

"Can we stay like this?" He asks quietly, "Just for a moment?"

You hold a thin smile, resting your cheek on Draco's chest, looking out at the starry night-scape. At this moment, the world pauses, nothing other than strands of hair move, blowing with the wind, no sound other than the heavy deep pacing breath of Draco, and beating hearts.

Draco loosens the tightness around your lower back, pulling back to gaze at you, "Why'd you come looking for me?"

"I had your birthday present," you turn to examine the floor of the Astronomy Tower, searching for the astray gift. "There it is."

A small box lies in the back of the tower, barely visible as it sits in a shadow. You reluctantly let go of Draco and run up to grab it.

"Here," you beam, handing it to him.

You watch as he loosens the ribbon and removes the cover of the box, revealing a flashlight.

"I know it looks kind of dumb, but-" you take the flashlight from his hand, fingers brushing against each other, flipping on the switch. "-look."

You wave the flashlight around, aiming it at the ceiling of the tower. Out from the bulbs shines a constellation. On the side of the device is a button. Every time you click the button, the constellation changes.