Chapter 12

Jemma's POV

It's been two weeks since the incident that changed our lives happened. In those two weeks, so many things have changed. I've moved back into our home permanently. Things are amazing between Alessandro and I, we have never been happier. He hasn't changed much from the time we stayed together before, he has just gotten worse.

His possessiveness has reached an infinity level.  I understand where he is coming from, he doesn't want me to leave again. I left once and things didn't turn out so great. He monitors my every move and the fact that I have to go and see my son almost everyday is not easy. I've learned the art of dodging my security personnel, I've turned into a ninja overnight.

At the end of the day I am a mother first and my son still needs me. I'm building up courage to tell Alessandro but I always chicken out. I know he deserves to know that he has a son but I am so scared of his reaction. How will he take it? I'm scared of him resenting me because I kept him away from his son.

I'm at a grocery store today because I want to cook a special meal for Alessandro. I know I have people who can do things for me I just have to give them instructions. I want to do this myself plus I've gotten used to doing things by myself since I stayed in South Africa. I used to do shopping by myself and I really enjoyed my independence. I even learned how to cook proper edible meals.

Today I want to surprise Alessandro with a romantic dinner cooked by me with love. Alessandro went to work for the first time after a year of absence. He has really improved and his walking and talking are back to normal. He is healthy and he has gained his original weight with more muscles now, he is more defined. Bottom line is he is healthy and alive.

I look outside the window and I see 4 bodyguards, the other 8 are inside the store with me. Alessandro is so extra, I told him I don't need bodyguards but he doesn't listen. Sneaking around to see my son has not been easy and I miss him. Sometimes I couldn't see him for 2 to 3 days and that was torture.

My mom would pretend to just come and check up on me. This is when I give her the milk I have pumped from my breasts in secret. He needs to know because this cannot continue. Though that's not the main reason why I'm here at this grocery store wanting to buy fresh ingredients to cook a romantic meal for us.

The main reason I'm here is because; while I was in South Africa, I applied for a law degree at both Yale and Harvard universities. Yesterday I got an email notifying me that I have been accepted to both universities to study law. I'm so happy finally my dream of becoming a lawyer are going to come true.

The problem now is how do I break these news to Alessandro and also tell him that he has a baby he doesn't know about. After that night that we really spoke about our issues and he asked me why my breasts are bigger or is there something I'm not telling, he hasn't asked that question again.

I need to butter him up, lay down all my cards and make him soft, then like a cheetah; I strike! The man is difficult, I knew that before I married him and all but he has become more worse nowadays. All Alessandro wants to do in this life is to keep me safe and alive. Even if it means protecting me from myself, he will still do it.

He may be difficult but I'm stubborn and determined. Come rain or sunshine I'm going to study law. I'm going to get that law degree. I need to break the news gently. I'm going to start by serving him creamy Tuscan chicken accompanied by his favorite wine and top it: desert will be red velvet cake, his favorite. I serve him this and that man will become putty in my hands.

I buy the necessary ingredients and after I'm done the bodyguards carry my grocery bags. Not that I can't carry my own stuff , but because Alessandro thinks I'm not supposed to exert myself. I enter the rolls Royce in the middle ( there are 5 of them at the packing lot, 5 cars all for 1 person). I told Alessandro that it's not necessary but he doesn't want to listen.

In a few minutes we are home and the bodyguards take the groceries into the kitchen. I just want to be a normal girl but because I married Alessandro I cannot be . That's the price you pay for marrying one of the richest man in the world. Nothing is normal, my safety comes first and Alessandro will ensure I get that security at all costs.

I'm going to charm this man tonight. It's 3pm and Alessandro usually gets home by 6 pm. I have 3 hours to prepare this meal and the setup. I'm doing this because I want to not because I  need his permission. This affects him too because he has to change his day to day life because of me.

We have to decide if we are going to move to Massachusetts or Connecticut (I haven't decided where I'm going yet, they are both great schools). I'm a married woman now, what I do affects him as my husband.I need to think about him and our child too.

2 and half hours later, I'm done with the meal and the setup. All I need to do is to freshen up and wait for Alessandro. I wonder which subject I will start with. Marriage is about compromise, if you are not willing to do that then please don't get married. 

After a quick shower and a simple dress later I am ready and looking gorgeous ( be your own cheerleader at all times). Just as I finish putting on lipstick, I hear Alessandro calling my name. I guess it's show time!...Wish me luck.