Chapter 5

Jemma's POV

It's a gloomy Monday morning as I find myself in a chauffeured Rolls Royce on my way to my old home to see Alessandro. I feel tired mentally, emotionally and physically. The flight from OR Tambo (Johannesburg) to JFK took almost 18 hours even in a private jet. I arrived in New York last night around 9pm.

I am jet lagged and tired I just want to sleep for 48 hours straight but I cannot do that because I need to see Alessandro urgently. Little Alessandro was being fussy during the flight and when we got to the hotel where I was booked in he was even worse. My baby was just crying continuously until he got tired and fell asleep still crying.

My mood matches the weather here , it's gloomy and sad but who can blame me. I had to leave little Alessandro with a bunch of nannies whom I've never met before because I had to do this alone. I am not ready for Alessandro to meet little Alessandro yet. Beth understood and was very supportive of the idea that it's not yet time for them to meet.

The only focus now is Alessandro's health and making sure he recovers. Beth and her husband are already at the house waiting for me to arrive. I am scared and nervous at the same time. What if it doesn't work, what if he gets worse? Will I be able to cope with that? I can't imagine living in a world where Alessandro doesn't exist.

Yes, I was in South Africa hiding for a year without him it was fine. Just knowing he is somewhere around the world gave me comfort but him not being around completely scares me. I feel so bad and guilt has been eating me from the inside out, blaming myself for his condition. I mean I left him there knowing how much he needs me but I still left.

On the other hand I didn't know how things were going to unfold, if I had known I wouldn't have left but it's too late to turn back the hands of time. What is done is done the only thing I can do now is help him recover, I owe him that much. What's worse is knowing that it was all a lie, his ex wife lied about everything.

In my defense though slim and small is that: I never thought our marriage will work out, I've been waiting for something like that to happen to make me see the difference between Alessandro's world and mine. I'm just 19 he is 34 and a billionaire at that. Yesterday when I arrived in New York I discovered another shock.

I was the sole beneficiary to all those billions Alessandro owned. All the properties he has all over the world are also to be transferred to me if something happens to him. The three private jets he owns as well as 2 massive yachts will also belong to me. Alessandro is worth $100 Billion at this point in his life and if something happens I'm to receive all that money.

I don't want his money, I just want him to be okay. I want him to be better so that he can continue living a normal life. Everything happening is just a lot. I just want to close my bedroom door and cry with the lights off, but I cannot do that. I have to be strong for my little man. Another thing that scares me is the thought of my baby not knowing his father.

The thought eats me alive every time I think about it. I then go back to asking myself a million questions? Did I do the right thing by running away. Did I do the right thing by not telling Alessandro about the pregnancy?As I am busy with my thoughts the car reaches two massive iron gates and they open automatically.

I am now in my old home about to meet Alessandro after a year of not seeing him. I am nervous and my palms are sweating . The car comes to a halt on the driveway and as I open the door I look up to my old beautiful house, if you can call a 30 bedroom mansion a house. I am so scared of what I am about to meet inside...