28. Rollercoaster of emotions

"So you're telling me, you two started dating for two days only?" Jin asked as he stared the pair down.

Jin often seemed like a fun going easy guy, who was really energetic and happy.

But once he found out his own little sister, had a boyfriend, it was a dramatic twist.

Be it neighbours or not, childhood friends or not, they were still in a romantic relationship.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Jimin asked as he had the shock of his life walking in on the two kissing.

"It's not like you told us about your fake relationship with rosie either..." Jennie pointed out as Rosé widened her eyes.

Luckily he parents had already left them after they said they were dating and it was just them now.

Sun-hee had also left seeing how it was getting really late, and although Namjoon offered to walk her, her mother had picked her up, so he bid her goodbye.

"How did you find out?!" Rosé exclaimed surprised she knew, and Taehyung rolled his eyes.

"Unnie told me." Jennie said shrugging as Rosé immediately snapped her head towards the eldest girl of the group.

"What? She's my best friend. You tell Lisa everything, and I do the same with Jen." She said as Rosé just sighed.

"Plus, you call me the traitor best friend, who's the real cheater in this story?" Taehyung said towards Jimin who just scratched his nape.

"Also, Neither Lisa not Jungkook told me about their kiss, and none of you told us about how they spent the night at the library, and none of you told us about how Jisoo and Jin kissed either." Jennie pointed out as the mood tensed a little, knowing now that they had been keeping a lot from them.

"There's more that happened too, we told you al every thing, and we were going to tell you about this tomorrow morning to you and us in fact, could have had some rest. It's not like we were planning on keeping it secret. But none of you told us so many things, only Jisoo updated Jen on things and that was it." Taehyung said as his voice slowly raised a little.

"You guys were just busy. That's all." Namjoon said as he tried to calm the two down.

"Busy? What happened to your so called 'busy' all the years before that? We always made time for you and told you every thing, things that we weren't allowed to share we shared with you.." Taehyung said as he looked at them all.

Jennie just sat there a bit more quietly not knowing what to say.

Seeing as no one was speaking he continued.

"We always tried to stay in contact, we literally put aside so much time for you so we could still be a part of your side too, and we always tried our best to be involved. But you guys always began shutting us out" he said as he argued with them.

"Taehyung... it's not like that.." Hobi began as he tried to calm him down.

"Is it? None of you tell us anything anymore. Do you want to know what that feels like? When you're only friends out of campus start leaving you out of every thing. And we were supposed to be best friends, nothing in between us. But why were you not treating us like that?" He asked as he let out his pent up frustration.

"I didn't want to mention this at all, seeing how we were finally back, but I can't just let you interrogate us like that when you guys are the ones who are at fault more. We called every time we were free, and we told you to just call us when you were so we could talk, be it a few minutes. But you never did. You didn't even text. Did you think about what that felt like for us? We felt like we weren't a part of this anymore, and that we're just outcasts" he continued as he let out more things.

"We didn't leave you out of that many things.. we always told you." Namjoon said as he tried to help the situation.

"Hyung you don't get a say in that. Everyone at this table found out under a week that you were dating Sun-hee because you told them. We only found out a month later, and tell me why you think that is fair?" He said out loud as the others grew quiet.

It was true, they knew it.

They had unknowingly left out the pair in multiple circumstances and told them things very delayed.

They even hid things from them, and they might have thought it was helping as they were having the impression that having less to think about would only help Taehyung and Jennie, they didn't really apprehend the fact that they were outcasting them.

"Is this really how you feel too Jennie?" Jin asked a little desperate as Jennie could only look down at her curled up hands in her lap.

"You promised.." she began as they faced her.

She inhaled a deep breath before continuing.

"When we were offered this deal, we wanted to decline because we didn't want to feel outcasted. You all promised we would stay just as close and not drift and that's the only reason we accepted, but you guys are breaking your promise. You have hidden things from us for over a year now..." she said as she tightened her fist around the other, feeling many emotions at once.

"Maybe I shouldn't do this anymore, if this is what's at cost" she said as multiple heads snapped her way.

Taehyungs included. He didn't know she felt that bad about it either.

Jennie was sensitive on the inside, and if she felt she was growing apart she would take extreme measures to get closer.

"What? No bu-" Suga began knowing what she said was wrong.

Everyone knew that was a little astounding from her.

It may or may not seem like it, but Jennie really enjoyed what she did, and so did Taehyung, that was the reason they all encouraged them to take the deal.

She found those sports her safe zones, and actually enjoyed the game, and the thrill of doing a sport.

Sure it got tough, but she would always stick it out because she liked the sport.

And for her to think about giving it up, was a big deal.

"I... I need some fresh air, and some time apart I think.." she said cutting him off as she abruptly stood up and left the room, closing the door behind her.

"Jennie!" Jisoo called out and after Jennie Taehyung stood up as well.

"I think... It's late. We should all head to bed and think about this... later" he said before he left following her, as the others could only sigh at what happened.

It was supposed to be a happy night.

But it turned into a rollercoaster of emotions.