ch. 34

Chapter Thirty Four;;- Home Visitation

With All Might, the reigning symbol of peace, fallen, society was in havoc. No one could believe that All Might had been in his condition for so long and that that one battle could completely destroy the hierarchy that had been set in stone for as long as it had.

All Might officially retired from heroics in a big press conference that dwarfed the one [name] had been so nervous about. It must help to be in front of cameras so often and be so used to them as All Might, because the only emotion that was evident on his face in all the footage was vague regret.

Best Jeanist was severely injured in the battle, but lived, although he wasn't expected to be doing any work any time soon. Ragdoll, who had been abducted during the training camp, can no longer use her quirk. There was talk of her retiring maybe, and the Pussycats would probably suspend work for a little while as well.

Nedzu spun around in his office chair so that he could face the teachers in front of him better. "You sacrificed your body to save a tremendous number of lives. As a citizen, as a hero, and as a principal, I could never thank you enough," He told All Might, directly across the desk from him. "That said, society has had no shortage of criticism of your choosing to continue working as a teacher at Yuuei. They say that the fact you shifted to Yuuei was a problem to begin with and that now that you can no longer fight, what would happen if the children were to get rolled up in events once again?" Nedzu swept his eyes over the Vlad, All Might, [name], and Aizawa. "Everyone is quite anxious, and that's why we need to work our very best to fortify the faith in the heroes that you had clinched."

Vlad made a gesture with his hand, placing it over his chest. "I realized during that battle, how we'd all inadvertently put it all on the shoulders of a single man and just how huge that burden was. We're not yet clear of their threat so we must absolutely protect them and raise them more robustly than ever."

Nedzu nodded. "As such, we'll be moving ahead implementing a strategy that I've given yet more thought. I and Vlad will go to the students of class B, who sustained so much damage." He then gestured to [name], Aizawa, and All Might. "You three will go to the students of class A." Nedzu slid forward a stack of identical papers to handout. "I trust you to their home visitation."

The five of them walked out of the room together, Vlad and Nedzu immediately going off to get in the waiting car and start their visits (since the parents had been notified a short time ago). All Might offered to take some of the students on the list on his own, because three teachers going to each house sounded like overkill and he wanted to talk to some of the parent-student combinations by himself.

It sounded a little weird, but neither [name] nor Aizawa decided to question him on it. They let him go off on his own with some of the handouts and then got in their own car.

[name] looked over to Aizawa once the car had set off. He had half of his hair pulled out of his face and some of his stubble had grown back, but his face was still relatively clear. He was dressed in business-like attire today too, a long sleeved button up and dress slacks. She thought he looked nice with some of his hair out of his face, but she wasn't about to say that. Deciding it was probably creepy to keep looking at him, she pointed her gaze back to her lap.

She was also in business clothes, although today it was a much more comfortable slacks instead of a pencil skirt and a loose fitting blouse. Both of their clothes were definitely a step down from the day prior, comfortable yet also professional.

"You're not nervous?" Aizawa asked. He made no mention if he noticed that she had been looking at him moments before.

[name] shook her head. "No, it's just the press that gets me like that." The brief memory of how tightly she had held onto his hand at the press conference flashed through her mind and she felt the tips of her ears go hot. "I can handle people just fine. I used to be pretty good at talking my way out of things."