Homecoming

There was a soft light that seemed to be leading us through the cave, as we got closer I could feel myself almost being pulled through. "Ezra?"

He was just next to me how did we get separated? I called again, "Ezra?"

One more time, louder, "Ezra!"

I shot up, my breathing was heavy, and everything was blurred. Slowly things began to focus again. It was some place familiar. The med bay! I was back. Finally back to the real world. 

I looked around, there was no one in the room waiting for me to wake up, only the medical droid. "Where's Ezra?"

The droid looked at me, and with its cold, mono-tone voice spoke to me, "There was a complication with his heart, they had to take him to an operation room."

"That's all you can tell me?!?"

"I am sorry, I do not know any thing more."

The door slide open, and in walked a tall togruta woman, "Sabine!"

"Ah-ahsoka what happened to Ezra? The droid said his heart..." the tears were not streaming down my face, I had come so far only to lose him again. 

She put her arms around my shoulders, and a wave of calm seemed to flow over me. A jedi trick, I assume. "Ezra's heart rate dropped suddenly and then stopped. They were able to restart it but he's likely going to be in a coma for a while. I'm sorry."

"This wasn't supposed to happen, we were supposed to wake up together, there was something that we had to get here for. I-I don't understand."

"I know, but you shouldn't think about that right now. You had no idea anything would happen. Try to get some rest. They will want to see you when they get back."

"They're coming home?" I knew something was happening, but Ezra won't be here for them when they return. 

xxx

It had felt like hours had past as we waited for the ghost's arrival. No one knew exactly when they would be back or what shape they would be in, transmissions had been far and few between. The last they had heard was what could only be made out to be today's date.

I had dragged a crate out to the hanger opening to feel the sunlight on my skin. It was different now, the energy I felt come from everything around me. If only Ezra was here, instead, he's lain in a bed somewhere with no alarm telling him to wake up.

It was sudden that the breeze seemed to pick up,  but maybe too much? I peered up from the gravel I had been studying in my daze to see none other that my home, the ghost land less than 50 feet from where I sat. 

The ramp seemed to almost fall open. Kanan was first off the ship.

"KANAN!" I couldn't hide my feelings of overwhelming joy. Sprinting as fast as I could, I wrapped my arms around him, the comforting feeling I hadn't had much of since they left. 

"It's good to see you Sabine, it's been awhile."

"Sabine!" called a feminine voice, "We missed you so much."

"Hera..." I stumbled on my words, not knowing what to tell her. Before I could get any more words out she pulled me in for a hug.

"I'm so sorry for leaving you, it... it just had to be that way," the way her voice croaked told me she was crying as well.

Hearing that just made me break down, "Hera, I'm so sorry, I don't know what happened. Ezra... everything was gone and it was just."

"We know dear, Ahsoka and Rex have already told us, but we have something that might help."

"What could you possibly have that can save him?" I tried to choke out.

Kanan called up into the ghost, "Zeb?"

"Yep, we're coming."

He saunter down the ramp, a small girl in tow.

"Sabine, this is Moriah Bri..."

"Bridger...." I said faintly. 

It was easy to tell, her blueish curly hair and olive skin, but her eyes, they were Ezra's eyes.

"I've heard so much about you," she spoke, "although, you've probably never heard of me."

"No, um, Ezra failed to mention he had a sister."

"Well it's not exactly his fault, we were separated quite young. Now, when do I get to meet my twin brother?"  she smirked.