A Mission of Our Own

The days dragged on, I spent most of my time outside on the training course that Rex had make for me. 

"Ezra, we need you in command." Ahsoka? She was hardly ever here, something might have gone wrong with the mission.

"I'll be right there."  I sprinted back to Karmin. 

"There's a mission for the two of you," spoke Ahsoka.

Sabine and I looked at each other, worried yet eager. 

"Nothing happened to the crew, this is separate," Ahsoka said, "There was a message from Krownest."

Sabine's expression changed, "what do they want?"

"Sabine," I start to speak before getting cut off by Sato.

"A message from clan Wren came requesting assistance in breaking into an imperial compound to rescue a few of their members who were taken after refusing to take orders from Gar Saxon, a known ally to the empire."

"Tristan..." whispered the Mandolorian.

"We don't have any confirmed names, Sabine." mentioned Ahsoka. 

"We have to go, Now!" 

"That's why we called you in so quickly, you, Ezra, and Rex will go, you leave in an hour."

Quickly we rushed out of the room to prepare for the mission. Who's Tristan? Clan Wren like Sabine's family? She never talked about them so I have no idea. 

xxx

I go back to my room and put on my armor. I haven't been wearing it recently since I've just been on base. It's full of colors which my father would appreciate, my mother on the other hand, would think that it is disrespectful of our clan whose colors were yellow and silver for all of our history. This is the first I have heard anything from my family since I left for the academy. Is part of this my fault?

There's a knock at the door, "Sabine?"

I opened the door, "oh hi Rex."

"I thought you might need these back," he handed me my blasters, "I'll need someone to cover me out there."

"I heard that!" said a muffled Ezra from behind his door. 

We both laughed a little. I had almost forgotten what it was like to laugh.  I had almost forgotten what my family thought I was. I am nothing to them anymore.

"Thanks Rex, now let's get going," I banged on Ezra's door, "you too, get moving."

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" his sarcastic tone was so distinct. 

Krownest here I come.

A/N- I know this was short but I didn't really like where it was going and didn't have the motivation for it. I will post another tonight because I actually have an idea of how to write it. 

Alsoooooo, I got the Ahsoka novel today and ordered A New Dawn to take with me on vacation next week and I'm excited to read them! When I went to pick up my book, my store had almost no Star Wars novels. I was maybe going to get Alphabet Squadron but they only had the second and third books, so disappointing.