End of an Era

I woke up next to her again, each time I slept by her side it was the best sleep I'd ever gotten. I really hope that this will still be real once we get out of here, that this isn't just my mind playing a mean trick. I let out a sigh that was just a little bit too loud.

"Ezra?" mumbled Sabine.

"Oh, I'm sorry Sabs, I didn't mean to wake you,"

She wrapped her arms around my torso, "Can we stay here for a little bit longer?"

"We already decided we have to leave today," I said.

"I meant in bed," she stated.

"Yes, we can stay here," I kissed her forehead.

It had been 30 minutes since Sabine woke up before she decided to get out of bed. Reluctantly, I followed suit. I crossed the hall into my own room to change clothes. I met her back in the hall a few minutes later. She looked amazing, I mean she always did. 

"Something you want to say?"

"Oh, what?" I didn't realized I had been staring, "no, well, you look good."

"You're not so bad yourself, Bridger," She said with a wink. With her helmet under her arm she began walking towards the hanger. 

"How do you think we get out of here?" I asked.

"Follow our instinct I guess. I feel like we need to follow the bird."

"What makes you say that?"

"It reminds me of Ahsoka, like she's leading us home, especially after the message."

On some level, I knew she was right. The force guided the jedi, and now I could feel it almost speak to me. 

xxx

At the edge of the base, I look up to Ezra, "Ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

From behind us, the convor bird took off and brushed right past our heads. Almost as if it had pulled us along, we began to follow close behind it. I knew that eventually we would have to go back to reality, I just didn't want to, but the rest of the crew needed us back. Deep down, I needed them to be back. After they left with no explanation, I felt alone. Even though I had Ezra, it was almost like they didn't trust me. The only reason I could think of was this "condition" I seemed to have developed randomly. I don't want to think it was because they didn't want us along, but I couldn't wait any longer to find out what this secret mission was. 

"Sabs?"

I snapped out of my trance, "Yeah?"

He pointed in front of us, "I think we're here."

In front of us was an opening in the side of a mountain, the convor perched above it. I must have been lost in thought because it felt like it had only been a few minutes and yet the sun had already passed it's peak. "How long have we been walking?"

"A few hours, you were really concentrating and weren't listening to me, are you ok?" He seemed concerned.

"Yeah.. I'm fine."

The convor took flight, circled above us then dove into the cave.

"I guess that's our signal," he joked.

I let out a small laugh, "Ez?"

"Hmm?"

"We're in this together?"

"Together," he took my hand and we stepped into the shadowy darkness of the cave.