Memory

I don't know where I am, who are these people? 

"Sabine."

"Sabine."

"It's ok Sabine"

Slowly things start to focus, I'm in a bright room, surrounded by a few faces that I don't seem to recognize.

"Who are you? Where am I?" I shuffle my self back on the bed I was on, pulling up my knees. What happened to me?

"What? Sabine are you alright?" said the woman, she looked worried and reached out to put her hand on my knee.

I pulled away, "Don't touch me. Who are you people?" I was almost yelling at this point with tears starting to form in my eyes. 

"It'll be ok dear, everything will be ok. Kanan.."

I looked over to the man, he waved his hand in front of me and then everything was dark. 

xxx

"She's asleep but I'm not sure for how long"

"What happened to her?" questioned Ezra.

I put my hand on his shoulder, "she has been through a lot, the trauma from her past might be taking over her body right now. The only thing we can do for her is make her feel safe and hope that our Sabine will come back." I knew that Sabine had had a rough life before she came to us, being disowned by her family, working under the empire, it's not exactly the life a teenager should have.

Ezra walked away from me and towards the medbay, "I'm going to be there until she wakes up."

I nodded. He needs to be with her. I know that it hurt him the most that she didn't recognize him.

xxx

Sabine. My little sister, laid in a bed under a jedi mind trick. I knew that it was best for her to be asleep but it pained me to know that she was gone. She wasn't herself. It pained me knowing that I wasn't there for her when she went down.

"Zeb?" 

"Yeah?" It was Hera, it's like she knows when anyone's upset.

"I know it's hard, but she's going to be ok."

"Yeah I know, it's just that I've lost so many people ya know?" Well the second part of that was true at least.

I heard her let out a sigh and take a seat next to me. I got up and went to my room, I just needed to be alone.

I close the door behind me and fall to my knees. I don't know what I would do if she never remembers me. I feel a tear roll down my cheek, and then I'm sobbing. I finally am able to pull myself to my feet and reach my bunk. I'm going to be here for awhile.

xxx

Zeb left, I think we all just want to be alone right now. Sabine is part of our family. I rest my head against the table and let out a soft cry. 

"Woah watch your step there," I grab onto a young girls arm, pulling her away from the edge of the platform. 

"Let me go," she said pulling her arm away from me, stumbling backwards.

I catch her again, but this time her hood slides back and I can see her face, the tear stains on her face. She was no more than 15, "Where are your parents dear?"

"What do you care?" she said as she stormed away.

I knew something was wrong. I followed her for awhile but eventually lost her in the sea of people and headed back to the ghost.

"Hey! What did you find?" asked Kanan, wondering about the route for our mission tomorrow.

"There's a small train platform above the pickup location so if we time it right we will have coverage from above."

"Good to hear," said Zeb, "We could always use something to make a job easier."

I headed to my room still thinking about the girl on the platform. I sat down on my bed and Kanan came in. 

"What are you thinking about?"

"There was this girl on the platform today. I pulled her back from the edge, I just had this feeling."

"You did a good thing Hera."

"I know but I feel like I could have done more.."

"Hera you always feel that way."

I just nodded and laid down and he followed, tomorrow would be a long day.

In the morning, Kanan is still fast asleep. I get up and get everything ready for the job, making sure Chopper knew where to pick us up.

"Spectre 2 to Spectre 4, are you in position?"

"Yep, train in coming, should be great cover just like you said."

"You ready?" I looked at Kanan, he nodded. We started up the speeder bikes and headed to the rendezvous. 

We quickly attached the cargo and were just about to pull away when I hear a scream. We both look up and see a person falling from the platform above. Kanan is able to use the force to catch her. 

"Thank you," she said, "how did you do that?"

He went to respond but was quickly cut off by the blast from a stormtrooper. It kept firing as we hopped on the speeders. 

"You want a ride out of here?"

She nodded and hopped on the back of my bike.

"Spectre 4, take care of that buckethead for us."

"You got it Spectre 1." And just like that there was no more shots.

We made it out of the city right to where Chopper had the phantom waiting for us.

"Thank you for saving me back there and yesterday," the girl said.

"You're the girl from the platform?"

"Yeah.. Sorry for being so rude, who are you people anyways?"

"We're working against the empire, trying to free as many people as we can."

"That's exactly what I want to do," she whispered.

"Alright well we can get you back to your parents, I'm sure they're worried about you," spoke Kanan.

"Well, um.. I don't have anyone to go home to."

I nodded, "Do you want to help defeat the Empire?"

"More than you know."

"Then you're more than welcome to join us. I'm Hera, and this is Kanan and Zeb."

Chopper beeped annoyed. "Forgetting someone?" with his hand on his hips.

"Annnd Chopper."

"I'm Sabine."

And like that, we welcomed Spectre 5.