Imperial Outpost Pt.1

We're off, Hera sent Chopper back to the ghost to prep the phantom for when we were out of there. Kanan told me it was my job to watch over Sabine this mission, nothing seemed to be wrong about her. At least so far. 

"The outpost is just through this pass," explained Krineli. I liked her, she seems to be a natural leader, reminds me of Hera is she was younger. We reach the pass, mountainous rock walls on both sides of us, looking into it seemed to feel like we were being trapped. 

Kanan peered around the rocks we were crouched behind. "Here's the plan, since this is a small facility it's likely that they are being held in the command room, after Chopper ran the numbers earlier it looks like we should be expecting no more than a few squadrons. There's a hanger bay up top above the command room. Hera, Sabine, Ezra and Krineli will take the command room while Zeb and I get the bay clear for Chop to make a landing."

Everyone nods and gets ready to go. Zeb and Kanan trail back the way we came and begin climbing the walls of pass. 

"Alright, let's do this." We cling tightly to the wall of the canyon until we reach an access point. Door won't open. Shocker. 

"Come on Ez, we don't have all day," said Hera.

"Anddd got it," the door slowly opened revealing 2 patrolling stormtroopers. Sabine blasted them before they could even turn around. We took their armor, and Sabine and I changed. 

"Alright, command center, this way." I pointed.

xxx

We walk through the empty halls, hoping no one would come to confront us. This armor, it's stiff and awkward. I hate it. It feels like I'm at the academy. I look down to my feet.

"Very good Sabine," I look up. Captain Highril, the imperial academy, I'm back. "That will serve the empire well. Without you, we would never have figured out how to subdue Mandalore."

"Thank you Captain, I am here to serve the empire." I say with a smile. 

What have I done? This is wrong, my people, my family, gone... It's my fault. I drop to my knees and the only thing I hear is Ezra shouting my name.

xxx

"Sabine! Sabine!" She doesn't respond. Sabine laid on the floor in front of me. I removed the helmet from her head, she was breathing but unconscious.

"Hera, you have to keep going. The command center is just down that hallway. You have to finish the mission. You and Krineli both. Kanan and Zeb will be waiting for you."

"What about Sabine?" asked Krineli.

"I'll get her out of here," I could see a worried expression on Hera's face, "don't worry, I'll take care of her."

Reluctantly she nods and they both head off towards the command room.

I buzzed my com link, "Chopper, I need a pick up now!"

The droid buzzed, "I'm waiting for Kanan's signal."

"It's Sabine, we have to get her out of here." I hear the engines of the phantom roar to life.

"It'll be okay Sabine, I'm here with you." I pick her up, she's not very heavy, and carry her back the way we came. 

"Landing in 10." Chopper set the phantom down about 10 yards away from the door as too not be seem by any imperials. I carry Sabine to the ship and lay her down on a bench.

I brush her colorful hair out of her face and reveal her tear-stained cheek. "I'm here Sabine, I'll always be here," I whisper as I grab her hand.